“Waipio Rim”
Review of Waipio Rim

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Honokaa
Waipio Rim
Ranked #1 of 5 Honokaa B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Waipio Rim”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Waipio rim is a gorgeous place-- stunning views, romantic atmosphere. The "apartment" was clearly made with care to all details. Location is stupendous. Nancy and Steve were such generous, welcoming hosts. A total gem.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Monroeville, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed here for four nights at the end of my trip to Hawaii. This was definitely the highlight of my trip. Steve & Nancy are excellent hosts, and Nancy prepared delicious welcome pupus the night of my arrival as well as terrific breakfasts each morning (the bread pudding was my favorite)! The room was immaculate and the bed very comfortable. Every morning there was tea (or coffee if I had asked) waiting on the lanai for me, and breakfast was brought up once they saw I was up & about - never any rushing. The view is spectacular - I got some great photos of a rainbow on the morning of my departure. Plus if you get a clear night, the stars are unbelievable if you come from a heavily populated area like I do.

As others have mentioned, you're going to hear a chorus of tree frogs at night - more so when it's rainy. They're Puero Rican coqui frogs. It's actually pretty neat to hear, but when it's time for bed, you might want to consider using earplugs as I did if you're a light sleeper like me. But this just adds to this experience - it was definitely NOT a detraction! I slept very well.

I definitely plan to return someday.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Waipio Rim is probably THE most beautiful place I have ever stayed at while on vacation and Steve & Nancy's hospitality is out of this world. Our visit there had us come in at night so we had no idea how awesome everything around us was until the next morning as we watched the sunrise from the porch (after listening to an amazing chorus of frogs all night) and were greeted with not only the best view ever but also with tea and coffee service (all local products too) by the time the sun was rising. Shortly after, Nancy's out of this world breakfast was served - beautifully presented as well as yummmmy! If we were there in the afternoon - the snacks were just as awesome as breakfast. For a cozy place to stay where you feel like you are at your home away from home in one of the most gorgeous places around, this is definitely the place to go. I am so glad I found this place on TripAdvisor because the reviews had nothing bad to say and I am happy to recommend this place to all who are curious!

Room Tip: There is only the one room and it is the perfect one!!
Grass Valley, California, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were lucky enough to stay here for one night. After many trips to the islands, the lanai view was the best we have ever seen. It is simply glorious! The room was spotless, with a comfortable bed and a bathroom with a view. We were greeted with a bottle of wine and yummy pupus. The breakfast was just outstanding as well. Steve and Nancy were the perfect hosts, going out of their way to ensure all our needs were met.

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have stayed at many B&Bs, but the Waipio Rim rates at the top. Steve and Nancy made us feel like honored guests in their home rather than customers. Every detail from the decore to the delicious breakfast was carefully thought out and presented with a sense of style and beauty.

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and stayed here for a night and just loved the place. Only regret we had was not staying longer! The place gets booked really fast, so you must reserve several months in advance. Steve and Nancy are great hosts. I called them from the pay phone at Waipio Lookout, and Steve came and escorted us to the property. The Pupu's appetizers were really delicious that they provided at arrival, and while my wife and I were really tried from a long drive and in the need of some coffee, Nancy and Steve were kind enough to brew us some fresh coffee, which was very much appreciated. The location is just amazing, overlooking the picture perfect Waipio Valley, while hearing the sounds of the Pacific ocean. As you sit in your room, you can hear the ocean, which is just so relaxing. The room is very clean, nicely decorated, with a good amount of air circulation and windows all around. The wall facing the ocean (in front of the bed) has a large glass door with screens, which is just great as you can hear the ocean all night, feel the air, and look outside from your room. The shower in the bathroom even has a view of the ocean, which is something! They even keep all sort of things handy that you might need for a trip into down into the valley to the beach, ie sunscreen, bug repellent, flashlights, beach bag, etc.. Breakfast is just delicious, huge Belgian waffles with banana syrup, fresh mangoes, and fresh coffee. Steve was able to provide us with some good tips on going down to the Waipio Valley, some hikes down there, and the waterfalls there. After a long day of hiking and spending time on the black sand beach when we we returned tired, Nancy was kind enough to provide us with some fruit smoothies, which were so delicious and thoughtful! My wife and I were really sad when we left this place, its one of those places you just don't want to leave. The location, surroundings, vibe, decor, and as important Steve and Nancy's hospitality made our stay at the Rim an amazing experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Honokaa, Hawaii
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We recently held our wedding on the Rim and cannot get over how amazing the location was. Steve and Nancy are so helpful and offer the best hospitality, really showing their guest what the "Aloha Spirit" is all about. Breakfast and the 1st nights "Pupu's" (appetizer's) were beyond delicious!!! The area is like no other! It was so nice to drive down the road (we live in Honokaa) to a quiet and serene place. Steve and Nancy helped make our day so perfect and one we will never forget!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank anela18
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honokaa
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Honoka'a Club
Honoka'a Club
#1 of 1 in Honokaa
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii

Been to Waipio Rim? Share your experiences!