“Can't Go Wrong”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I went in to Café Il Mondo after driving around town to see what was available. They have a small store front on main street that could be missed. Don't! I went in that night and had their daily special ravioli. It was just right. I said to myself, I'll be back. The next night I had their fish special. Again, just right. So the next night I came in to try their pizza. Mighty good. I ran out of nights so I didn't have their calzones but I saw them and they looked stuffed to the brim. I had a salad each night and they had good dressings. You can bring in your own wine (they don't have) and then they charge a nominal glass fee. It was a popular place. Be sure to bring only cash. Service was fine. It turned out to be the only place I ate at along the Waipio coast and that was just right.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We were staying on Waipio rim and decided to stop here for lunch. It was fantastic! I had the daily special-- spinach and cheese ravioli-- and my husband had the spinach calzone. Friendly service too! A heads up that they only accept CASH.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stopped here on our way out to the Waipio Valley Lookout and were very glad we did! We both ordered calzones (I got Sergio's, and my husband got the Greek) and they were some of the best calzones we've ever had. The pesto in mine was amazing and they aren't skimpy on the veggies and cheese they put inside. We are definitely glad we stopped here!
FYI: They don't accept credit cards, but there's an ATM about a block away.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Loved the ravioli and the pizza. Great food and friendly staff. Pack to go and lunch at nearby waipio valley. Servings are large. Highly recommended if you are in Honakaa

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very small restaurant with little seating. If you want a large pizza, it has to be to go. Eat in has only one size. The Pepperoni with onions was the best we have had in a long time. The service was slow and had to get our own napkins. Waited for the check and finally had to go to the counter to pay. Good place for lunch before going to Waipi'o Valley.