I stayed here in July with my mom and 2 sisters and we all agreed that this is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed. The drive to the B&B is up a bumpy, one-lane, two-way traffic road through the forest, which can either be daunting or exciting depending on your personality (we loved it). Be assured that it is well worth traveling a bit off the map when you see the property. We stayed in the Olu Olu and A'ala rooms which were cozy, clean, and perfect for our needs. I was initially hesitant to book because there is no air conditioning, but was pleasantly surprised to find the temperature drop to the 60s F at night due to the elevation. If interested, there are opportunities to meet and socialize with other travelers and staff at the complimentary wine and appetizer hour, but otherwise it felt as if we had the place to ourselves. The staff were excellent!! Always friendly and helpful when needed but never intrusive. Very keen attention to detail. We were offered everything from a list of local restaurant menus to umbrellas and a cooler for our daily excursions. Breakfast exceeded our expectations! Large servings, beautifully and tastefully prepared with fresh local ingredients. The 3 course dinner was also delicious! They are very happy to accommodate any food restrictions. Location-wise, the B&B is about central between Kona and Hilo making for easy travel around the island. It is also near the scenic Waipio Valley and cute shops in Honokaa. Need to drive a bit farther if you want to get access to a beach, but didn't bother us. Can't say enough good things about this experience! If you're on the fence about booking, JUST DO IT! A true Hawaiian treasure in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A remote yet luxurious bed and breakfast on the big island of Hawaii. Located in beautiful Ahualoa above the town of Honokaa, Waianuhea's five guest rooms combine a sense of remote retreat with modern convenience and sumptuous furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Waianuhea Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waianuhea Hotel Honokaa
- Waianuhea Bed And Breakfast
- Waianuhea Bed & Breakfast Hawaii/Honokaa