“Charming, Friendly and Delicious!”
Review of Simply Natural

Simply Natural
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Honokaa
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stopped here for lunch on our way out of Waipio. The owner was very friendly and informative about all of the menu options. My husband had the breakfast burrito, and I had a salad with fresh ahi and an amazing homemade lilikoi dressing. One of the best places to grab lunch in the area if you are looking for fresh, local ingredients and have any dietary restrictions. She will modify dishes for your needs and has plenty of gluten free and vegan options. I can imagine it might take a while to get your food if you are there on a busy day since she is running the place on her own, but it is worth the wait- the food is delicious and fresh.

Mahalo for the yummy lunch!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We've eaten here twice. The first time we met the owner and I would say that she was friendly, helpful in reviewing the menu options and we had an interesting conversation about the area and had a tasty lunch. We ordered a smoothie of banana, pineapple and strawberry and the fish sandwich of Ono. The sandwich was tasty and served with fresh lettuce and tomato. We liked the ambience of the place.

The second time we ordered the same items - this time the fish tasted like it had been around but was okay. We spent more time looking at the wall mural which was done by a local artist. The woman staffing the place this day was friendly and told us where we could see two other murals by the artist in town.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This place is a quick stop if you are going to/from the beautiful Waipio Valley Lookout.

Not too large and the owner recommended the Spicy tuna melt from menu, which was not spicy and it was rather expensive for what it was; essentially two slices of whole-wheat bread topped by tuna salad and then broiled to melt the cheddar cheese on top, the "spice" was the sweet chili sauce commonly found in Asian food stores. Not exactly gourmet but still not bad in a pinch.

The result was good, but not much more than that. The street-side location was convenient and the Caucasian owner was pleasant.

3  Thank TanTien
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I ordered an icecream and when I inquired about the difference between cone types the owner lost it. She yelled at me saying she was sick of people asking the same question. During her rant she stated I was too fat and didn't need an icecream and then picked up my purse from counter and threw it outside. She gives icecream a bad name!

5  Thank AnaBanana2u
Reviewed 16 October 2013

On our way back from the Waipo Valley Lookout, we stumbled on Simply Natural. It's a homey, kid friendly restaurant with what seemed like a number of regulars. We had a great fresh salad and an egg white omelet. Lots of charm and good, simple food.