“Akaka Falls Zipline - an amazing experience”

Skyline Eco Adventures - Akaka Falls
Hilo Zipline over KoleKole Falls
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Honomu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skyline Eco-Adventures was voted the #1 Zipline Company in Hawaii 2017 by Hawaii Magazine's Best of the Best Readers Choice Award and Skyline Akaka Falls was voted the #1 Zipline tour in the Hawaiian Islands. Skyline Eco Adventures near Akaka Falls is the best Zipline Tour on Hawaii Island. Cascading nearly 250 ft. privately owned KoleKole Falls is one of the World's most spectacular waterfalls. KoleKole Falls passes under your feet as you glide effortlessly 500ft high through the air. An adventure which is unmatched in Hawaii, with ziplines that pass above jaw dropping scenery along unrivaled spans - Skyline Eco Adventure sets a new standard for family adventure along the Big Island's famed Hamakua Coast. Our ziplines start off small and gradually increase in length and height, allowing zippers to prepare for line #7 which reaches a length of over 3,000 ft! Number of Ziplines: 7 ziplines. Tour length: 2-2 1/2 hours. Location: Honomu, Big Island (Near Akaka Falls State Park)
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was my 4th time on a zipline and even though I have an issue with heights, I felt comfortable as my previous experiences with Skyline Eco Adventures were all wonderful and exciting. I was a little apprehensive as this was the highest zipline I had been on, but our guides helped me relax and enjoy the experience. Each "zip" was more interesting and the 7th one was absolutely amazing! I would do it again in a heartbeat. Thank you Nainoa and David!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)
All reviews
"mahi"
"awesome experience"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 11 May 2014

It was the first time ziplining for a couple of us and I think we probably picked one of the best places ever to do it! There was amazing scenery, great weather, interesting facts provided, and excellent customer service all around. The people at the shop put us at ease about any concerns we had, and Gabe and Koa (our guides) were so personable and professional. We all had a great time and would recommend this experience to anyone!

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We went ziplining on our trip to maui. There were a lot of first timers. The course is great because it starts out small and builds up. Kevin and Thor/Tory were awesome!!!! They were knowledgable and fun. Made the trip memorable for us! Thanks for the great time!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I've been on this zipline twice, in March 2012 and in March 2014. The first time I was kind of nervous since I'm afraid of heights. I had a blast and was excited to go again! My sister came with me the second time and was was more nervous than I was my first time ziplining but by the end she wanted to do it again. As other reviewers said they start you off slow on short lines that are low to the ground to build your confidence. The height doesn't even register over the last line since you're so high and moving smoothly along the way taking in the amazing scenery! I kind of wish I rented a go pro camera. Maybe next time :)

The guides were great, very safety oriented but also joked around a lot, which helped for those who were a bit unsure. The apple bananas were tasty and I wish I could buy them at the grocery store here.

The only part that made me a bit sad were the two piglets in a small enclosure by one of the lines. One was visibly injured and I asked a guide about it and he said the pig was caught in a snare and the circulation was cut off to its leg so now it doesn't put weight on it. The piglets get a lot of food and I'm thinking that once they get larger they'll become someone's dinner. Feral pigs cause a lot of damage to the environment in Hawaii so hunting them is allowed all year. Better than meat coming from a factory farm, but I still felt sorry for the piglet with the bad leg.

Overall, I had a great time and I would recommend this line to others.

1  Thank Krista T
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 April 2014

An awesome day! We hadn't pre-booked but were lucky enough to turn up in the morning and get on the first tour for the day. The guides were super friendly and encouraging. They provided some great insight into the local agriculture and had lots of interesting plants and fruits to show us in between the zip lining. The zip lines work their way up from super easy and short to the longest of all. The last two are simply amazing! We felt very safe and comfortable the entire time and would thoroughly recommend this company to all!