“Especially if you are craving Pizza”
Review of Pau

Pau
Ranked #11 of 72 Restaurants in Waimea
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Okay when we walked in we were craving pizza. We saw pre-made dough and said..oh no this is going to be terrible...We drove thirty five minutes to get here, so we were committed.

We ordered the whole hog(bacon, pepperoni, salami, ham, sausage).and had some soup..tomato bisque. Everything was great.pizza was crispy on the bottom, the dough had good chew, and the bacon was crispy! The pizza only comes in one size...large, but well priced. We even had leftovers and the dough was all great and going crispy. I'm thinking they have pre-made dough because of the humidity..who cares..I'd come back in a heart beat!

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I don't like pizza but their pizza special drew me in. Their arugula, onion, tomato pizza and super food salad was phenomenal and a great price! We also enjoyed their mushroom risotto seasoned with fresh herbs. The staff was also very friendly and cheerful.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Really great food and value for money. Very fresh, tasty and healthy salads paired with perfect thin crust pizza. I wish I could find a place like this at home!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Pau is a quaint café in the sleepy little country town of Waimea (Kamuela), Hawaii. It's hidden away in the back of a small business center- an unassuming little gem, which in all honesty, is part of its charm. When you go to Pau, you almost feel like you've found a secret spot that only a lucky few have had the privilege of discovering. Truth be told, I lived less than 5 minutes from Pau for 8 years, and had never tried it. (I just kept forgetting it was there!) And now that I have finally tried it, and live 30 minutes away, I'm kicking myself for not trying it sooner. I'd probably eat there every week! The atmosphere is casual and cozy. There are menus on the counter when you walk in and a big chalkboard menu overhead with the day's specials. Order at the counter and have a seat. You really can't go wrong with their Slice of Italy. You get 3 big slices of brick oven baked goodness and a side salad. You can choose any one of their ono (delicious)salads, including the Superfood (a mix of quinoa, brown rice, edamame, grapes, and feta over local greens). Great vibe & great food on a lazy weekend afternoon!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stopped in here for lunch and had their daily pizza and salad special, three slices and a side salad. Both were good, although the crust was a little too hard, almost like it was premade. The service was fast and very friendly. If they did their pizza crust differently, I would give them 5 stars. It seems hard to find both affordable and good food on the big island but Pau comes really close. Recommend for a quick bite.