“How do I love thee..let me say the name: PAU!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pau

Pau
Ranked #13 of 71 Restaurants in Waimea
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Italian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport Beach, CA, USA
“How do I love thee..let me say the name: PAU!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2009

Ok this place is ridiculously good. So good we joked with the manager about just waiting in the parking lot until our next meal. We ate here twice in 24 hours... we also "stayed" in the parking lot and ate at Merriman's as they share the same parkignlot but thta is another review. Ok here we had the pizza.. I read someone's review that said they were from Chicago and the pizza is almost as good... they lied it **IS** as good fro a thin crust pizza with some crunch too it. WE LOVED the pizza.. and believe me I also love Gino's East of Chicago's and Giordano's ..but for thin PAU is the best. Ok the fish sandwhich was delicious too! Did I mention we loved the pizza? SO small hole in the wall place, nice ambience and average Hawaii prices, not cheap but no too pricey. The salad was delicious as was the hummus and edamame.

1 Thank CLBNSC

Waikoloa, Hawaii
“Fresh cuisine, nice price, hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

Pau, tucked behind the better-known Merriman's restaurant, is a surprisingly pleasant place to eat in or carry out. Fresh ingredients, generous portions, creative preparations of great salads, sandwiches, gourmet pizza and more. I was delighted with a juicy chicken breast sandwich on homemade foccacia with a side "superfood salad" of local greens, walnuts, green grapes and quinoa for only $9, close to what you'd pay at Subway. Lovely vegetarian options, beer and wine, great coffee. Check it out.

3 Thank CTarleton
Seattle, Washington
“A little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

This is a fairly new, quite small wonderful find in the same plaza as Merriman's. Nothing pretentious, just simple, delicious, inexpensive food. Very casual and comfortable. A nice break from the usual exhorbitant prices. My wife and I had wonderful dinners with beer for total bill of $44.00 including tip. We'll be back

1 Thank glanddoc
Sacramento Calif.
“Cravin Pau!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2009

Man o Man,
We visit the island on a regular basis and were so happy to find out about Pau! This food is not only fresh and made on the spot but FANTASTIC!! It is so cute inside, fun , and the workers are all so very sweet and willing to chat and share special places on the island! Cant wait to get back there---were cravin Pau!!

chico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great local place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2009

We spend quite a bit of time along the Kohala coast and have fallen in love with Pau. The people are very friendly and the food is always fresh and local. Their pizza's are to die for, thin home made crust and great toppings. My husband had a flat iron steak last time we were there and he loved it.
Kari Mac.