Jacaranda Inn
US$419
US$390
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe main housethe parkerthe big islandhibiscus roombilliard roomold hawaiidining roomshistoric charmper yearentire staytropical islandspent one nightour room was spaciouslots of historyantique furniturewalk in showerfront porch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I need a GET AWAY when I go to Hawaii. And this property is the embodiment of that. Along with luxury bathrooms...jacuzzi tubs and PRIVACY!!!

I felt like we were in seclusion! The morning rainbows and a sense of being in our own private heaven.

Please dont change!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed 6 March 2014

When we arrived at about 10p.m. there was a little paper placed on the front door telling us which room we are in. As you cant get any breakfast there (you also cant get anything else) it easily could be that you stay there for 3 nights not even having seen any staff. Nobody you could ask anything, no drinks to buy, etc. The main building is beautiful but it is unfriendly and cold. And our room was so cold that we decided to leave after 2 nights even if we had payed for 3.
We were the only guest and felt like being in a ghost house.

Room Tip: dont take room nbr 5 because everybody that goes bye can look into it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Reisedoppel
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband surprised me with a one night stay at this inn in Waimea. We have passed it many times going to our favorite beach, Hapuna. This time we arrived early so we could view the property before it got dark. It was something to see. So much history. The check in person did not spend any time with us. Just giving us a little note about the history. She said if we need anything to call using the phone in the back room lobby area. She showed us to our room which was very nice. We stayed in the King room. The four poster bed was quite comfortable and the sauna two person tub was just what we wanted. The place was stoked with history. Lots of little artifacts and places. The garden outside looked to be an herb garden at one point. Very over grown but still charming. I picked a bouquet of flowers for the room from the area. That's one thing that bothered me was all the flowers in pots were mostly plastic. But it is winter. So maybe in summer/spring they might bring out more fresh flowers. The room smelled a little musty. At night we put the cintronella candle on the porch and kept one of the doors open for air. I'm not sure how it would feel in summer. It was cool enough in Feb.. The place seemed clean and for the most part. We also used the pool table in the lobby area for a few games of 8 ball. Super good pool table. The memory of many are there.

Room Tip: All rooms looked very nice. Check out the pictures.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kickithilo
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We visit the Big Island often, and decided to stay here after a late flight to Kona. It was just what we needed; beautiful grounds, well appointed and spacious rooms, and wonderful climate. Waimea/Kamuela is an interesting town, and we had a great time at the Waimea Farmer's market next to the Parker School on Saturday morning. The Inn's rooms are beautifully furnished, and the bathrooms are immense and well done.
The feel is like one of the fanciest bed and breakfast places you can imagine, just no breakfast (lots of cafes just a mile away.)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PhillyFamily
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Visiting friends in Waimea this week. They recommended staying here and frankly, it exceeded my expectations in many ways. As others have explained, this was the turn of the century home of the manager of the Parker Ranch, the largest land-owner on the Big Island. It's a sizable property and while it's not manicured to perfection like a Four Seasons resort, it's a lovely piece of history in a beautiful setting.
Where it gets good: The rooms are amazing. I opted for the King Suite with a sitting room and a giant jetted tub (which I happily used). The mattress was nice and I slept like a baby.
There are a number of outdoor spaces to chill out with a glass of wine. Big shaded porches and a breeze make everything better.
Great spot for a romantic stay and big enough for a family as well. I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Waimea!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business