“Nice Treat on the Big Island” 4 of 5 bubbles

Big Island Brewhaus
Ranked #5 of 71 Restaurants in Waimea
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice Treat on the Big Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

When ever we are on the Big Island we always make a trip to Big Island Brewhaus. Very small location but is always a nice treat. The specialize in serving their own beer. Its fun to order a 5 beer sampler and have fun. Food is Mexican and is pretty tasty.

Only two negatives are sometimes the service is slow to get started but once it starts its usually awesome, and there is a Oregon Duck Temple of helmets in one of the corners. As those of us from Washington say "Huck the Ducks! :-)

You can't go wrong here.

Recommend the White Mountain Porter. They also have several national awards for their beer.

• Visited June 2014

Woodland, California
“Brew house & taqueria”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I would rate this average based on what I had, but my companions loved their food so I am going with very good. Also the beer is great, wonderful tastes and icy cold, so that counts for a lot. Two friends had the fish tacos with black beans which they loved. Husband had chili verde stew - like a soup - also a thumb's up. I was not hungry so I only ordered guac, and it was disappointingly bland. We ate on the patio - service a bit slow even though the place was only about half full - plus the server seemed pretty distracted, no eye contact, etc. Oh well. My friends, who are natives, are beer lovers and really like this place. Brew house and Mexican food is a winning combination.

• Visited June 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great food and great beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The food here is really good. I had the bean tostada and my husband had the taco salad. Mine was really good and his was okay. The beer is excellent. I had the pink peppercorn beer recommend by our waiter it was delicious. My husband had a few different beers and really liked them all. The service was quick and friendly. I am exposed to a lot of Mexican food in my home town so I'd say this is good Mexican for for Hawaii.

• Visited April 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good food and great beers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is so worth a visit-we were just passing through and stopped for lunch by chance. So lucky to have food really nice Mexican food and great local beers. The waiting staff were so nice and really helpful in pointing out local stuff.

• Visited January 2014
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Great afternoon stop in Waimea!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I stopped here after we hiked Waipio Valley. We were starving and the Brewhaus did not disappoint. We shared a flight of beer to decide which flavors we liked, and we had a difficult time deciding because they were all so good. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We left very satisfied :)

• Visited October 2013