“See the sea”
Review of Belle Vue

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimea
Belle Vue
Ranked #6 of 8 Waimea B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Another trip to Belle Vue, and it is still great. Tremendous views of the coast, avodacoes and fruit from the garden, banana muffins, and lots of breakfast supplies. Handy to sea kayaking and great snorkeling. Dry side of island.

Room Tip: We like the rose room. Best air circulation, great view, and very spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harvey44

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We spend two nights at the Belle Vue B&B. When we arrived a young man was waiting for us (well in fact he was waiting for his girlfriend...). After a simple "hello, thank you for staying with us", we are note sure that he put us in the good room but the place was great, with a huge bathroom, and all that we need for our stay. The only thing is that it's cold inside, but you can add extra blanket. The location is great, and you can have a great vue on the Ocean and the Mona Kea.
But, the breakfast is already in the frige, and you don't have the same warm welcoming than in other B&B. We never saw the owner, and for the breakfast, even if the 4 little banana muffins were very good, the bread was with mushrooms... it was ok to eat the bread until Oct.25 and it was end of December...
But well, it's one of the cheaper B&B in this "city", the place is great, the vue fantastic, but we had to bought our own breakfast at the foodland...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DamienNathalie
Reviewed 2 December 2012

It was my first time to the Big Island and Waimea was my last stop before heading to Oahu. I stood at the Belle Vue and was given the penthouse due to an error made with my reservation. I could not believe what I got! I felt like a queen in a big palace! It was very big and spacious from bedroom to living room and swinging over to kitchen. The bathroom was bigger than I ever seen for a bathroom. The view outside of the lanai was beautiful! You could see for miles away due to you were high up the mountain. Breakfast was left in the apartment size refrigerator - milk, juice, bread, butter, muffin, and cereal in a jar to stay fresh. It is a quiet and relaxing place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Marie B
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stopped here for one night, on our way to Pahoa. We were a little concerned, when we arrived as there was no one there to greet us. However, we left a message on the phone and then headed out for some scenic driving. (The lodging was supposed to be open but it was still locked--some mix-up.) After a wonderful drive--the scenery is astounding--we went back and found the manager was in the area and waiting for us.
The unit (a bed-sitting type arrangement with full kitchen facilities) was sparkling clean, well appointed, with everything there for our comfort. The wonderful veranda (we had the lower floor) has comfy lounges and a great view clear down to the ocean (very much in the distance!)

Our only sorrow was that we couldn't stay longer!

Room Tip: I don't see how we could have done better. We were able to select this accomodation when we res...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We had a short (1 night), but pleasant stay at the Belle Vue. As other reviews have mentioned the location and view are beautiful. We stayed in the suite which was quite spacious for two people and had the best shower. The host Viviane was friendly and attentive. We would definitely stay again.

We also stayed at the Belle Vue in Kona, this was the best place we stayed on the island.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I stayed by myself at the studio-suite with private garden for 5 nights : fantastic view, very private, felt super safe, great host :)

The place is very charming and spacious and the host Gayland has been very welcoming from the first day even if I woke him up at midnight when I arrived !

Breakfast is well prepared in advance and delicious banana bread were backed from Viviane !
I loved that breakfast is "help yourself in your fridge" because I like to sleep long hours when I am on vacation, and it felt very good to be free to have a breakfast whenever I wanted it !!

Also chilly night are not a problem ( I like them after an hot sunny day ) and there are extra blanket :)

If I ever do a trip to Big Island again : this is the place I will go without any doubt !

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Belle Vue Waimea certainly lives up to its name - the views are among the most spectacular we've seen anywhere in the world. Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa mountains on one side, a panoramic vista to the ocean on another side, breathtaking sunsets, and the surreal bright green slanted hills of Parker Ranch (complete with cows) on the other side. From the lanai of the extremely spacious Penthouse room/suite, we spent hours just watching the interplay of sun and the puffy clouds skidding by, or - if there was some "liquid sunshine" at the moment, there was always a rainbow or two to enjoy in the distance.

The hospitality provided by Viviane and Gayland can't be beat, with fresh fruits and home-baked muffins, and fresh flowers everywhere. Since the property is at the very top of Waimea, at about 2,800 feet elevation, we found it essential to prepare for cool breezes at times. But after a 15-minute drive we could be at guaranteed-sunny beaches. We have found Waimea to be a great location for driving either West to the sunny shore, North over Highway 250 - which is one of the most spectacular drives anywhere - to the quaint old-Hawaii towns of Hawi and Kapa'au, East to the Hamakua Coast and Hilo, or over the top of the island on the Saddle Road. And we love the local cowboy (paniolo) culture, including the Parker Ranch rodeos which are a real hoot!

Though there are ample good reasonably priced restaurants (e.g. Pau and Parker Ranch Broiler), I love to cook, and between the numerous farmers' markets with fantastic local produce and the fresh-off-the-boat fish store down the road in Kawaihae, I am in heaven. We have been coming to Belle Vue (both Waimea and Kona) for a number of years, and definitely will return in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends