“Belle Vue, Waimea, HI”
Review of Belle Vue

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimea
Belle Vue
Ranked #6 of 8 Waimea B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I come from the mainland to work on big island often. This trip was nearly three weeks long! I'm always looking to try something different in lodging and was very impressed with the penthouse high up on the hill. The huge expanses of glass provide un-paralleled views sweeping across Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, Hualalai, down to the ocean 2,800' below. The view behind the penthouse is of the verdant green grass on Buster-Brown hill. Nice to listen to the pheasants crow and watch the cows graze high on the steep slopes. One wonders how they keep from falling off. lol

The hosts were great and I felt very comfortable at their place. The rate was very reasonable for Waimea. Bring a sweater, as it can get chilly at night in Waimea! My only ding is the tiny ants that found every dropped crumb. Keep things clean and they aren't a problem though.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank prblock

Reviewed 9 May 2013

The accommodations were wonderful, spacious room, well equipped with anything we needed. The view from the lanai was beautiful! It was an extremely relaxing environment. The host was very friendly, and helpful with wonderful suggestions for places to eat and recommendations for things to do, but definitely not "under foot." They provided a warm, welcoming environment that felt like home. We couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I live in the Kona area and drive all around the island about once a week because of my work. I made a reservation at the Belle Vue in Waimea. What a surprise! I stayed for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed the quiet and breathtaking beauty of the place. The suite that I rented was large and well appointed. Food was provided in the refrigerator, and there was nothing that was lacking. It was a truly exceptional place to stay. I would recommend this "jewel" to anyone seeking a beautiful, clean and safe place to stay in Waimea.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Excellent location, views and friendly hosts, but the the studio had a very musty smell and the breakfast in the fridge was ample but out of date. When we brought this to the attention of the host he apologised but could only replace the milk with another out of date container, saying that it usually lasts for a month after the use by date. The well used plastic crockery in the kitchen and the numerous packs of partially used soap/shower gel/shampoo which had been left in the bathroom by previous visitors gave the place a run down and cheapskate feel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarrie554
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Another trip to Belle Vue, and it is still great. Tremendous views of the coast, avodacoes and fruit from the garden, banana muffins, and lots of breakfast supplies. Handy to sea kayaking and great snorkeling. Dry side of island.

Room Tip: We like the rose room. Best air circulation, great view, and very spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harvey44
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We spend two nights at the Belle Vue B&B. When we arrived a young man was waiting for us (well in fact he was waiting for his girlfriend...). After a simple "hello, thank you for staying with us", we are note sure that he put us in the good room but the place was great, with a huge bathroom, and all that we need for our stay. The only thing is that it's cold inside, but you can add extra blanket. The location is great, and you can have a great vue on the Ocean and the Mona Kea.
But, the breakfast is already in the frige, and you don't have the same warm welcoming than in other B&B. We never saw the owner, and for the breakfast, even if the 4 little banana muffins were very good, the bread was with mushrooms... it was ok to eat the bread until Oct.25 and it was end of December...
But well, it's one of the cheaper B&B in this "city", the place is great, the vue fantastic, but we had to bought our own breakfast at the foodland...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DamienNathalie
Reviewed 2 December 2012

It was my first time to the Big Island and Waimea was my last stop before heading to Oahu. I stood at the Belle Vue and was given the penthouse due to an error made with my reservation. I could not believe what I got! I felt like a queen in a big palace! It was very big and spacious from bedroom to living room and swinging over to kitchen. The bathroom was bigger than I ever seen for a bathroom. The view outside of the lanai was beautiful! You could see for miles away due to you were high up the mountain. Breakfast was left in the apartment size refrigerator - milk, juice, bread, butter, muffin, and cereal in a jar to stay fresh. It is a quiet and relaxing place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Marie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimea
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Jacaranda Inn
Jacaranda Inn
#3 of 8 in Waimea
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows

Been to Belle Vue? Share your experiences!