“Peaceful and spacious”
Review of Belle Vue

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimea
Belle Vue
Ranked #6 of 8 Waimea B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This place was a lovely change from the some of the other accomodation that we had been staying in. It was very roomy and had very comfortable furniture. What I really liked about it was that it was so quiet. There was no road noise, or wind or surf. There was plenty of food. Gayland gave us some local knowledge and we used this to find our way around. A very pleasant stay indeed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My god-daughter and I had peaceful and relaxing stay. Kocco my service dog was so excited when we open the door. It was if as he had been here before acting as if he was home! I indeed felt the spirit as my Kocco and god-daughter. We stayed for 5 days. After being on O'ahu with 3 days of Ohana Reunion it felt great to have some peace and quiet. I will be back again, hopefully I will get the upper level to compare the view. It must have been heaven sent from what I read from other guest. Now my brother is hoping for a peace on heaven too. Hope to send them to Belle Vue! Gayland an Viviane your place was great! I know you hesitated about my dog, but like I said he felt as if he was at home! Mahalo!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I loved by stay at Bellevue! Gayland & Viviane were very accommodating, and the suite was beautiful and peaceful. They provided plenty of food for breakfast (cereal, oatmeal, juice, milk, and delicious muffins) and beach supplies as well. I stayed two nights at a Waikoloa resort after leaving Waimea, and I wish I had stayed...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed in the 'penthouse suite' and were very satisfied indeed. It was a lovely space, views from the lanai just as represented, lovely décor. We really appreciated tips about local beaches from Gaylord! Our adult daughter stayed with us for a couple of nights in the studio bed in the corner and that worked very well. She was feeling pretty seedy as it happened - post-flu - and spent a day recuperating while we explored to the north. I think she was really glad to be there instead of her own flat in Hilo - nice as it is, but not in the same league with the Belle Vue! Two specific suggestions only: A large jug or pitcher is needed to mix orange juice concentrate with water. Also, perhaps more important, two of the rugs curl up at the edges and are easily tripped over, potentially could cause quite a nasty fall. I think just turning the rugs round would solve the problem.

Room Tip: The picture on the website gives the view from the penthouse suite, the most expensive accommodation...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Met by Gayland who was surprised when asked when breakfast was served. He pointed & stated its in the refrigerator. we had stale molded bread, Muffins from god knows where. OJ was frozen but no container large enough to mix the water with the juice therefore not usable. Views at Waimea are nothing like shown on the web site. we believe the views must be at the Kona Location. Called before booking asking Viviane & was confirmed that we would be viewing down the coastline & what was shown would be our view. As it happen the coast line was miles and miles away. No straightening of the room during the several days stay. Have stayed at dozens of B & B's and never had such an horrible experience. Should not be called and B & B as nothing like the others in which we have stayed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We have stayed at the Bellevue for business and pleasure, & it's become our first choice for both. We love the semi-secluded nature of the property, the glorious mountains gracing the skyline, the quaint view of the town below, and the aloha spirit of the host. All rooms are homey, equipped with fresh-baked muffins, and decorated island style. It's a little slice of paradise we long to return to whenever we're on the Big Island.

Room Tip: From cozy to spacious, you can't go wrong with any choice. I would think size is the only deter...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vowens392
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights. Everything was just ok (furnishings, breakfast in the fridge)... the only pluses would be the location and the view.

HOWEVER, on our first night my boyfriend noticed some bugs crawling out here and there. I noticed them the 2nd night - EVEN ON THE BED!!! I was so disgusted and disappointed. I couldn't even eat the fruit they laid out in the basket because there were 3 bugs in it with possibly some of their eggs. I just dealt with it since we were leaving anyway. I called Viviane to check out and she was very nice and all. She told me she gave us the "special rate" of $95 + tax (not true - this was exactly the listing on the website and on a magazine/phone book). I commented on the bugs, hoping to get a discount or an apology AT THE VERY LEAST - but she just became SO DEFENSIVE and DENIED it, even BLAMING us that we brought them in!!! I was so upset. She put the phone down on me while I was trying to explain. Please, just don't stay here.

Room Tip: I suppose the suite on the 2nd floor would have a better view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimea
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Jacaranda Inn
Jacaranda Inn
#3 of 8 in Waimea
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows

Been to Belle Vue? Share your experiences!