“Bravo and Fantastic”
other travellers have booked this property
Your own beautiful, private pool
Front view of the house Dine al fresco on the screened-in lanai.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Front view of the house
Dine al fresco on the screened-in lanai.
Watch the ocean from the lanai.
Fully-stocked kitchen, remodeled September 2013
The upstairs living room faces the ocean.
Relax in the upstairs living room.
Flat screen TV in the living room
Dining table upstairs next to the kitchen
The downstairs living room leads out to the pool.
Upstairs queen-size bed with adjacent bathroom
Master suite with king-size bed and attached bathroom
Bedroom downstairs with queen-size bed
Another bedroom downstairs with full and twin-size beds
Brand new Master bathroom #1 with shower installed in March 2015
Newly remodeled upstairs bathroom
Bathroom #3 downstairs with combination tub and shower
The large pool (35' x 12') is great for lap swimming.
Your vacation home in paradise, with ample parking spaces in the driveway
Side view of the house
View of the house from the street
BBQ grill on the back patio
Dine outdoors, then take a dip in the jacuzzi.
Relax in the jacuzzi.
Welcome to Uli Kai!
Beautiful park at Hilo bayfront
Encounter the sea turtles
Rainbow Falls is at its best in the morning.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Taiwan
“Bravo and Fantastic”
Reviewed 12 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

This is something that was to my surprise, something I’ve never experienced it before, something that I’d like to share with people. That is, my vacation on Big Island was just so……so wonderful! I came from Taiwan and most my past vacations were with tours or backpack. Vacation Rental to me was a new experiment. Uli Kai (the house) made me feel that it is the home I have wanted and dreamed for it, spacious, clean, tidy, fully furnished and equipped (kitchen, bedrooms, living room, laundry room ….) as described details in the website. It has everything you need. I enjoyed my meals at lanai with the sound of ocean and went for a walk to the nearby lava shoreline park. I could find some wild fruits and wild flowers nearby while walking down along the road. Few times I even saw the little two birds in yellow color that I have never seen it before. The sound of the coqui frogs at night was just like bird singing. I jumped into the private pool after places of visiting. The lava garden and the backyard with one star fruit tree full of star fruits were just amazing. Too bad, I didn’t have jacuzzi bath but I was informed in advance that it was maintained during my stay. I appreciated the owner, Pao, she always responded quickly and pleasantly, and answered to each of my questions. Also, the direction to the house and things to be needed and noted before check-in were instructed clearly. Thanks, Pao.
The location of the house is just great with easy access to Volcanoes National Park, Kaimu black sand beach, Kaopoho Tide Pools, and hot pond. I really enjoyed my swimming and snorkel at Tide pools where you could see coral and a variety of beautiful tropical fish, really a great place for snorkelers. To avoid a cut from walking on rough lava rocks between inner pools, a pair of beach shoes is needed. Don’t miss many waterfalls (the rainbow fall just above downtown Hilo) and tropical botanical garden when heading north. A rental car is definitely needed to go around. This is a message to my people.
I loved wild fruits and wild flowers. While driving to those places mentioned above, I noticed many guava, coconut, lilikoi, mango, papaya, banana, avocado…along both sides of the road and they became part of my breakfast. How lucky I was eating something truly organic with no pesticide that I certainly won’t be able to find them in Taiwan. Thank Adan and Jose for coconut show, drink, and fresh coconut meat that were just fantastic. And the wild flowers such as ginger flower, wild orchid flower, and many many of them that I don’t know the names became part of house decoration by putting them into the vases. To my surprise was I saw my grandpa’s guava that no longer exists in Taiwan grows abundantly in this area. I learned the name called “strawberry guava” that has surface in red color when ripen, differently from it (turned yellow) of my country. And more surprise is the inside color of all island guava is pink in color.
This is absolutely an excellent place for hiking, snorkeling, nature exploration, and relaxation from stress of work. I will definitely recommend it to my people especially those hard working people they need a place like this house to relax and rest. BTW, I just realized the owner also owned the small rental home in Kapoho with an easy access to tide pools where I swam and snorkeled.

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Hi
Reviewed 14 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
DawnOlmst...
Olmsted Falls, OH
“Well worth it but does need some sprucing up...”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Considering the cost, the size and the location, this house is great! It is located across the street from ocean view property, allowing for pleasant walks along the ocean. The house does accommodate quite a few people if you have some who do not mind sleeping on a futon or a couch. Otherwise you do have 4 nice size bedrooms with one with its own bath. The pool and the hot tub is fantastic, adding to the great value. The downside of this house is that the furniture is all quite old and worn, as are all the features, including cabinets, appliances, etc. More than likely due to the environmental conditions, a lot of areas seem to be rusting and are simply worn. Without air conditioning, although you do have fans, it got very hot and sticky during the day, but did get quite cool at night. It is not stocked well, but you will be able to make do with what is provided. Unfortunately, you may encounter a lot of ants and lizards also taking up housing! I wouldn't not recommend the house, but I believe in "buyer be ware!" It is located around 25 mins outside of Hilo and the airport, and approximately 40 mins outside of the Volcano National Park, both being easy drives.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool!
Liked least: Ventilation
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
29 Jun 2013
I would like to point out that Dishwasher and stove were replaced. Guests should not leave any food out side because of the tropical climate in Hawaii. It tends to attract ants. I explain clearly in my first response to future guest about bedroom and number of beds Some guest may have to sleep on the pull out couch or futon if they have a large group.
Oregon

Reviewed 11 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Co
Reviewed 24 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;