“Ok, not "The Best". ”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Went here on recommendation of best burger!! Somewhat disappointing. Not what we hoped. Lack of flavor, slow service. On a positive note, the fries were good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We'd heard this was the best burger joint on the Big Island. If that's the case, I feel sorry for the residents. My husband and I both ordered their Swiss bacon burger. His was pretty good -- in fact, it was juicy enough that the splattered onto his shirt -- but mine was extremely dry and flavorless. All I could taste was char -- and we'd ordered them cooked exactly the same. Mine was also devoid of bacon. We'd also ordered pinot noir, which was barely drinkable. On the upside, the service was great -- quick and very, very friendly. We didn't try their desserts, so can't speak to that.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The burgers were as good here as anywhere we have tried in the US. Flavoursome, juicy and great value. This is a great place to try.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Annie's is relaxing, nice ambiance, built around a huge coconut tree, friendly service, yummy bar drinks, fantastic burgers of all sorts. The portabella mushroom burger is still my favorite! So far there is nothing I've tried that I don't like. Even the desserts delight.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you are in South Kona for coffee touring and have a hankering for a burger -- I highly recommend Annie's. We read about Annie's in the Avis Drive Guide that said "rated #1 burger" so we thought we would try it -- WOW! Fantastic service, great burgers, excellent purple potato salad. Yes, it may seem high to pay $14 for a burger but for the quality, atmosphere, and deliciousness I say "YUM" -- on the kid's menu the burger was $8.95 and my son ate the whole thing. Perfect stop in between coffee tastings/touring!