“food average service poor”

Annie's Island Fresh Burgers
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Kealakekua
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This restaurant has a young service staff and young kitchen staff. They have not been properly trained in customer service or service recovery. Extremely blasé about both their work and their customers. Slow. Food average. Service poor.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,262)

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Went here on recommendation of best burger!! Somewhat disappointing. Not what we hoped. Lack of flavor, slow service. On a positive note, the fries were good.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We'd heard this was the best burger joint on the Big Island. If that's the case, I feel sorry for the residents. My husband and I both ordered their Swiss bacon burger. His was pretty good -- in fact, it was juicy enough that the splattered onto his shirt -- but mine was extremely dry and flavorless. All I could taste was char -- and we'd ordered them cooked exactly the same. Mine was also devoid of bacon. We'd also ordered pinot noir, which was barely drinkable. On the upside, the service was great -- quick and very, very friendly. We didn't try their desserts, so can't speak to that.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The burgers were as good here as anywhere we have tried in the US. Flavoursome, juicy and great value. This is a great place to try.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Annie's is relaxing, nice ambiance, built around a huge coconut tree, friendly service, yummy bar drinks, fantastic burgers of all sorts. The portabella mushroom burger is still my favorite! So far there is nothing I've tried that I don't like. Even the desserts delight.