“Awesome experience!”

Hawaii Pack and Paddle Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: 2012 and 2013 Certificate Of Excellence #1 kayak tour operator for Kayaks or paddle boards snorkel yourself or do a guided day tour or rental kayak or paddle board to Captain Cook Monument. Great trip--we provide snorkel gear, easy lessons, great guide, full deli lunch and free Kona coffee and treats at the historical coffee mill when we end. We also do private tours and offer 9 other exciting adventures. Large or small groups to corporate tours. Manta Ray snorkel Paddle Board Tours, Dolphin Tours, Whale Tours.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were lucky to get on tour without reservation. We just got there in the morning and Barri took us in. We had a great time and the snorkeling in Kealakelua Bay was just plain awesome.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

First off, these guys are very knowledgeable and respect the reef. It's a nice, family run operation.

However, I made an appointment (prepaid) for an afternoon kayak trip online and I called in the morning and they said they couldn't do it and I had to come right away if I wanted to do it that day (which was the only day I could). Note that they hadn't called me to let me know. Then they said they would give me a $25 discount, which they didn't.

Also, though I really like the young guys who do the reef tour, it consited of them pointing out and naming fish after fish after fish. It didn't do anything for me. Naming something doesn't give it more meaning. A quick tour of the place and letting us swim on our own would have been more enjoyable for me.

1  Thank Aaron M
hpp808, Owner at Hawaii Pack and Paddle Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Aloha Aaron,

Mahalo for coming out with us again Snorkeling and Identifying the different species of fish/uniqueness as well as the coral and our reef teach is very important to Hawaii Pack and Paddle you will find no other commercial tour operators in the State of Hawaii that would take the effort and time to do this for their guest. Learning and being educated also is Hawaii Pack and Paddle responsibility to others who want to know and take interest about our underwater sanctuary. We apologize about.rearranging tour times from afternoon to morning it is not uncommon here in hawaii sometimes we have to do in order for it to be a group and whether patterns and we did try to contact and did not have right contact info. In regards to a discount we would had honored but it was not mentioned when we processed the credit card on time of arrival day of tour so if you like give me a call personally and we will honor the $25.00. We also offer rentals of kayaks and paddleboards for guest who want to be their own captain. Again Mahalo for coming out with Hawaii Pack and Paddle

Bari owner/guide/marine practitioner.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I did the kayak and snorkel tour of captain cook's with Bari(sp?) and his helper Kaipo (sp?). It was great and they were incredibly kind and cool people. The only slightly weird part was that they didn't ask for money until afterwards when they would text me (give cc info over phone or text). Maybe this was just a one off thing, but I felt bad cause I usually tip afterwards or when I pay, but I didn't have anything smaller than $50's that I was planning on getting change from when I paid. I also think I saw Barry at the juice shop the next day when I was leaving but not sure. Anyways, if you read this Barry I at least owe you a cocktail!

Great tour. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Wow. It was an amazing day. We took the morning "Queens Tour". I was looking for a guided trip as I was bringing along my 13yr old daughter, and wanted it to be an educational and safe experience. It felt like we were on a guided underwater safari! Bari, the owner, started us out with a info session on Kayaking, followed by a "Reef Teach" where he gave us an intro to what we'd be seeing. We had an easy kayak out to the Bay. On the way there Bari gave us an overview of the history of Kealakekua Bay. We got into the water and saw the pod of about 12 spinner dolphins surface then dive under. The visibility was easily 60ft. Closer to shore Bari pointed out the various reef fish, invertebrates, a morey eel, various coral, etc. Bari brought snacks along for us to share at the end of the trip. We enjoyed the whole thing. Thanks Bari!

1  Thank Misako M
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

The snorkeling was outstanding but the whole experience was made better by Bari, his son and friendly neighbors at the launch site for the kayaks. This was one of the best days on our trip. Our daughter, 13, and son 8, both had a fantastic time. We had a long and tiring day but met some great people and would definitely recommend Pack & Paddle to anyone!