“We didn't know what to expect”
Review of Sandy's Drive In

Sandy's Drive In
Ranked #16 of 37 Restaurants in Kealakekua
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 October 2016

This place we found randomly. We were very surprised at how good the food was in this local place that we just had driven by and stopped at.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Hotel suggested annies burgers but saw this place on map and went instead. No air-conditioning but over head fans and cooler at 500 feet than kailua-kona, so was comfy. Simple plate lunches good local cuisine. I had fish sand wife fried shrimp sandwich. Fries with marinated meat and drizzled in special sauce were good. Traditional Loco Moco served and other hawaiian dishes. Great cheap stop for a fill up on way to Kona coffee farms.

Reviewed 14 May 2016

We went to this place which is just down the street from Donkey Balls Gift Shop and the store cashier recommended it, and was not disappointed! We each had the corned beef hash with eggs and bacon it was the best and we tried to find other spots that served this and was not successful! Highly recommend it! The service was great as well as the food! It is not fancy but worth the stop and value!

1  Thank Dreamcatcher C
Reviewed 17 March 2016

We stopped in at Sandy's for a quick breakfast on our way from Kailua-Kona to Volcanoes National Park. We wanted hot food and to get back on the road. Sandy's met those needs. I had a scrambled egg plate with toast and bacon. My husband had an omelette and corned beef hash. The food wasn't fabulous, but we didn't expect it to be so. It was quite good, and served promptly. The service was friendly, and the prices were more than reasonable.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

It was suggested by a lady in a nearby fabric shop so we gave it a go. They had these new Buligogi fries and we loved them. I had a double cheese burger and a friend had the fish ( maui maui) burger. The people were very friendly and the service is fast. I liked what I saw on the menu so I suspect we will have at least one more meal there before heading off the island.