“Very nice restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We ate at Mi's on our first night in Hawaii. Since our Inn did not serve dinner, we had to find a local restaurant. My husband had the steak and I had the fish special. Both were wonderful. The restaurant is small, but we ate there on a Wednesday night and were immediately seated. The hostess was very polite, friendly, and efficient. We would recommend this restaurant to all our friends visiting the Big Island.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

While staying in the area we had Mi's recommended to us and we were very happy we took the recommendation. It is a small family run restaurant where they make their own bread and pasta. My wife had the grilled fish over mushroom risotto special and I had the pasta. Both were very good. We had a decent bottle of white wine, appetizer and finished with the lemon crime brûlée and it was all under $100.00 including tip!
Great spot, friendly service and great food.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

If you are within half an hour of this place, it is worth getting in the car. I had the lasagna and thought I could only eat half, but between me and my husband, we finished it off. The flavors were fresh, mild, and perfectly blended. My husband had the ravioli and could not stop raving about all the cheese flavors. The pasta is home-made, tender and butter smooth. Add fresh baked bread and wine and you will go back unless you don't like Hawaii and would never return!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Mi's is a very good selection for great food in an out of the way place. I've eaten there several times and have never been dissapointed with the food or service. The wine list is very good for such a small place. The only downside is the walkway to Mi's is not very handicap friendly, the ramp is a bit steep and the steps a bit awkward. Still, it's agreat place ti enjoy great food and good service.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

the food is excellent. its in a very small strip mall but the décor is nice . so is the view at sunset. I was very surprised at how good the food was. a nice extra is the wine list also is a surprise -- very positively.. locals obviously know about this place. most folks were local. so make a reservation or sometimes you could be disappointedand may have to wait.