“A wonderful low key excellent place to go”

Kaleo's Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Pahoa
Price range: US$1 - US$25
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife, grown daughter, and I went to Kaleos's because my wife had previously been there two years ago and couldn't wait to get back. Welcoming, friendly and warm staff, excellent service. The food was excellent, I had the chicken with vegetables and it was the best I have had in years. My wife and daughter both had fish dishes and loved them. Comfortable open atmosphere, this is my kind of place. We will definitely go back to Kaleo's the next time we are on the island. I turned an already good day of sightseeing and snorkeling into a fabulous one.
You will not be disappointed by Kaleo's in Pahoa.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

After strolling through the lava tree state park, we stopped at Kaleo's for dinner. It was one of the earliest we have had dinner while on vacation (5:30) and at that time there were plenty of tables available. Service was great, drinks were tasty and generous. I had the teriyaki chicken which was very well cooked, my wife had the poke and Kailua pork wontons - she enjoyed both very much. We then shared the delicious Kahulua chocolate mouse cake- great ending to a enjoyable evening.

1  Thank texastwosome22
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Went here our first night in Pahoa area. Food was good and staff/service was great. Husband had chicken parmigiana and the sauce they used was great. Daughter and son in law both had a fish dish and very good...different than what we get in NYS. I also had fish and totally enjoyed it. The young man assisting with parking was quite charming. We are here for a few more weeks and will be going back.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Awesome food. The Service was great. We had fresh fish, sea food and some great appetizers. There was lots to chose from On the menu. As well as some great catch of the day. The open air atmosphere was nice was well. We would go back again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We ate here last week, which was the third trip here for me, and we had a wonderful
evening. The food is always very fresh and flavorful, the prices are reasonable and
the employees are super friendly. I love the casual atmosphere but upscale food.
My husband said he never had better lemon chicken in his life. I have had their Ono
and it is always wonderful. High recommend this place for a great meal.