“Went back again.”

Kaleo's Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Pahoa
Price range: US$1 - US$25
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Wonderful ambiance and an interesting town. Food was interesting and tasty. Service was friendly and good quality. Enjoyed lunch so much we returned for afternoon tea on our return from site-seeing.

1  Thank vinags

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Pork ribs, steak, pasta dish-- all very good. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. Great service & good prices. The restaurant is a big house. They also built extensions for additional dining areas. Live guitar music.
Need to make reservations. Casual dining with delicious food.

1  Thank Haley N
Reviewed 23 July 2014

It's been a while since I've been to Kaleo's. It had been rainy forever, it seemed, and I had enough cabin fever that a friend and I decided to head out to lunch. We were not the only ones, and even for a late lunch, the place was very crowded. Lots of happy sounding conversation all over the place. I ordered the Mahi sandwich and it came beautifully plated and presented. The lilikoi iced tea was wonderful. Delightful lunch. My friend had the same experience.

The only downside was that, with the large crowd, there were not enough servers. On a Tuesday they were probably not expecting the crowd, so I give them slack for that.

1  Thank RGaitherHI
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Every once in awhile a place comes along that makes you wish there was a sixth star. This is, by far, one of the best places I have ever eaten at. We were on the island for a week and ate there several times because we simply couldn't stay away. Regardless of what we chose the flavors and spices were combined impeccably. The service was phenomenal, from the greeting in the parking lot to the moment we left. The live music was delightful and the hula dances we saw one evening were enthralling. If I could pack this place up and take it back to the mainland with me I would, instead I'll use it as an excuse to come back!

1  Thank Cindy R
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Cute spot that was highly recommended by locals. I had the bacon cheeseburger here with avocado, mushrooms, grilled onions, lettuce, and tomato. Yum! It was really big and filled me up for the whole day ($15).

They do have outdoor seating and what appeared to be a full bar. They don't open until 11 AM, so this place is more of a lunch and dinner spot.

Service was good and my cup was never empty.

1  Thank buffy0182