“Tasty Fish”
Review of Pahoa Fresh Fish

Pahoa Fresh Fish
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Pahoa
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: This place is relatively new and a real gem. Would love to write a review to let people passing through Pahoa towards Volcano National Park about it.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My partner and I stop by for lunch one afternoon and was very pleased with the food. We both ordered a fish taco and a shrimp taco. The one thing I would suggest to the owner is to make the tacos with soft shells instead of hard shells.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is my favorite place to eat in the world. period.... my favs first, ono, ahi, mahi, crab cakes, alaskan cod, shrimp and tempura, onion rings, waffle fries.... ok, almost any version available as a sandwich, burrito, and other ways too.... Absolutely perfect cooked fish every time I eat there, and I have lived in Hawaii 6 years, and I have ate here over 300 times.... I don't place an order any more, they know to just surprise me.... and I always tip, because these gals usually work alone, and I have seen this place packed.... Oh, wow, I forgot, I ate there earlier, 5 pieces of Mahi, as that was all they had, but it is just as good as any other, though the ono is by far the best fish I have ever tasted, especially in poke dishes fresh sushi style.... anyways, I still have 2 pieces of fish left, and I can devour a whole degeornos pizza every time in 1 setting.... and still be hungry.... but this fish has its bad points, its so good, you cant stop eating until you literally hurt.... this fish is solid.... this restaurant is solid.... if you don't like the fish here, don't waste your time trying fish anywhere else, except poke to your tastes, that's my 2nd favorite place to eat fish here in Hawaii....

Reviewed 16 June 2013

My wife and I usually split an order of fish and chips. That's lunch or dinner for two for five bucks each with leftovers for snacks later. And these are the best fish and chips in these parts. Crisp and not too greasy. You can dine in at the counter or at one of the small tables, but consider taking your meal somewhere else for a picnic because it's the food not the ambiance that recommends this restaurant.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I love this place!!!

Fresh local fish (I always get Ono or Ahi) fried at exactly the right temperature. Crispy and delicious. The fried fish and chips have never been oily.

Counter service is friendly and wonderful. Prices are great.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

The title says it all. This place is worth your time for fresh, local fish at great prices. The crab cakes are very good and only $2 each. The Mahi Mahi is delicious as is the cod and Ahi...ALL of the fish is great. We very much disliked the coleslaw, but we are incredibly picky in that area. Definitely worth it to check them out. We go time and time again.