“The best Fish & Chips!”
Review of Pahoa Fresh Fish

Pahoa Fresh Fish
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Pahoa
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: This place is relatively new and a real gem. Would love to write a review to let people passing through Pahoa towards Volcano National Park about it.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My son and I ate lunch here. He had been before and said it was great. It was we both ordered the 5 piece of fish and it was WAY more than we could eat at the time. He had the Ono and Mahi Mahi and I had the Cod and we shared but still had 3-4 pieces left and were stuffed! The fries are a seasoned waffle fries and delicious. The fish was perfectly battered and cooked. They came with tartar sauce and there were other condiments available. The best fish and chips I had in Hawaii!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We sought out this place based on Trip Advisor reviews. It was a bit out of our way, but we really enjoyed the excellent fish and chips! We each had an order and tried the Ono, Mai Mai, and the shrimp. They were very good with an outstanding thin, crispy breading! It was crisp without a lot of oil and the fish was very moist! The fish here comes in and is cut and battered on site. It is NOT pre-battered!

Suggestion..... I bet this place could do even better if they cleaned it up and made it look less like a closed down fishing store and more like a restaurant! We saw a few people come in, look around, and leave!

1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great food and huge portions. I had the 5 piece fish and chips meal and it was enough food for two people. Reminded me of an old fashioned butcher shop ( in this case seafood ) that had an area set aside for serving good fresh food! Very clean and a courteous staff to boot!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stopped here to take something home just as they were closing. Person working did not seemed pleased but she took care of us and even gave us a smile. My husband and I shared the 3 piece fish dinner and it was really good. Fish was light on batter and melted in mouth. Could not even finish entire dinner. Very pleased with the dinner.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

This place is kind of a dive, but well worth checking out. For $12 we got a 5 pc with waffle fries & coleslaw. It was over a lb of perfectly cooked Ono, enough for more than 2!! Kinda slow cuz the lady who runs it is all by herself, but who is in a hurry? It was well worth the wait for the quality & value. I'd wait for that fish any day!!!