This place may not be for everybody... but the yoga is first class! Star & Eugene are both excellent and patient teachers. And if you want to get away from the glitz of Kona and have a feeling for the what Hawaii is all about, Yoga Oasis is that place! I would also recommend it as a great couples get away... Reminds me a bit of the old Santa Cruz, Ca. Days...
I stayed in a guest room the main building and found it clean, quiet & comfortable. I was alone most of the time (except for the geckos and chickens) as it was the slow season, but I never felt lonely. I was privileged to have been able to stay 3 weeks and got to know the locals and found everyone here helpful and friendly... I was lucky enough to meet Karen, a local woman in one of my classes and had several fantastic massages with her!
The staff has put together a great little local guide book (just ask for it) that explains in detail how to find the cool places an fun things to do. My favorite was the tide ponds, went almost every day. Also don't miss Uncle Roberts Wednesday Night Market.in Kalapana.... Great food, live music and dancing! I loved the Pahoa Farmers Market along the main Rd.
Thank you Star for a great healing getaway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer daily yoga classes, delicious vegetarian meals, yoga retreats, eco-adventure retreats, and massage. We are a short drive to the ocean, natural thermal hot springs, sauna steam caves, a black sand beach, surfing, snorkeling, farmer's market, and hiking to Green Mountain Lake. We are a secluded sanctuary, nestled on 26 acres of rain forest and on solar power! Sun, rain showers and range from a perfect 65 to 85 degrees year round. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Yoga Oasis Retreat Hotel Pahoa
- Yoga Oasis Retreat Center Pahoa
- Yoga Oasis Retreat Center Hawaii/Pahoa