“Excellent Thai restaurant”

Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Pahoa
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our friends who live near Pahoa think this is one of two Pahoa restaurants worth eating in. Although I can't check the box for "one of the best meals" I've ever had, the Thai food here is excellent (and they will make it as mild or as hot as you like). Great deal for the price. I liked the seafood dishes especially. Enjoyed the Thai iced tea (with condensed milk) and green papaya salad. I'd suggest trying for a table next to a "window" (glassless) looking out on Pahoa's picturesque main drag.

There are newer reviews for Ning's Thai Cuisine

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I loved the fact that they serve "Thai spicy" versions of their food - the kind that cause most people severe distress. In my experience, too many Southeast Asian restaurants are overly cautious with the spiciness. At Ning's, there's no such fear.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We experienced their curry daily specials and they were fantastic! I had the Chicken Pumpkin Curry with brown rice and my husband had the Pork Ginger Curry with jasmine rice. Not only were the meals delicious but they were huge. Needless to say we didn't need anymore than the one meal that day. They were colorfully presented. The price was amazing too! Very reasonable.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just like every other Thai restaurant in Any Town. Too large of a menu which just boils down to your choice of three curry sauces on three different kinds of protein. If you like Thai for its uniformity across establishments, here you go.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We took a detour, on our way from Volcano Village to Hilo, to eat at Ning's since we were craving some spicy food. But be careful when you ask them to make it hot. Their pad kee mow is absolutely outstanding and so is their summer rolls.