I've been to the Steam Vent Inn 2 times. In 2005 and 2006. If you're looking for a hilton, don't go there. If you want a beautiful view, steam vent shower and sauna, lava-heated hot pond and friendly staff then you should definately check it out. I don't understand the bad reviews, you can always go see the steam vent inn before you decide to stay there. Once you saw it you wouldn't want to leave. I am personally friends with the owners. If you're looking for a healing retreat and natural remedies then it's the perfect place for you. I quit smoking while I was there. They serve fresh fruits and eggs from their trees and chickens. Everyone is welcome and you can meet a variety of people while you stay there. It is definately a worthwhile experience. You get a clean room and kitchen to cook and eat in. It's a big house thats been made into a bed and breakfast and health retreat. I will probabaly be back there again soon! See you there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloha and welcome to paradise! Experience our relaxing and tastefully furnished accommodations, ideal for visiting couples, holiday goers and small groups desiring an extraordinary space for healing or business retreats. Features include ocean views & Hawaii's only custom made sauna that is constructed around natural volcanic steam vents. All of our house guests receive a complimentary self-serve continental breakfast and access to the very unique natural steam vent sauna feature, that is located right on our door step. Pele's Breath lies in a tropical rain forest near Volcanoes National Park and the fresh new lava ocean entry point, the Hot Springs & Warm Champagne ponds, and only a 45 minute drive from Hilo airport or a 1 hour 45 minute drive from Kona airport. The 3 private rooms lead into a beautiful tropical patio with ocean and garden views. Each room or suite contains 1 or 2 double/king beds with private baths and a shared kitchen, living & dining room area. The property features natural steam heated ponds, tropical gardens, all with breathtaking panoramic ocean views. Massage, adventure island tours and other holistic therapies are also offered. 420 Friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pele's Breath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steam Vent Inn & Health Retreat Hotel Pahoa
- Steam Vent Inn And Health Retreat
- Steam Vent Hotel Health Retreat
- Pele's Breath Hawaii/Pahoa