“Just OK for breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Tulsa
“Just OK for breakfast”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

It appeared to be one of the few places open for breakfast at 7:00AM in Pahoa.

I had the eggs with chorizo. It tasted ok, but it was overcooked and dry. The salsa that came with it helped, but it just wasn't what I hoped for.

Service was reasonable. The islands are a bit slow, but that's the deal.

I would go again, but I'd look for a better choice first.

Visited April 2014

Newburgh, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hire more waitstaff please!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

LuQuin's is a popular local hangout, but the only reason I can see why is because the locals have decided to hang out there. We ate dinner and breakfast there on two separate occasions. The dinner was okay, although for the price I was expecting it to be a lot better. The breakfast was also overpriced, although the food that time was great. The biggest issue they seem to have is refusing to hire more waitstaff. I've come to realize that Big Island service by any other standard is very slow, and have grown more patient - but this was ridiculous. We watched people sit down, wait, and then leave several times. During both visits, there seemed to be only one waitress for two dining rooms and the bar, and both of them were rude and forgetful. I don't blame them too much though, they seemed overworked and harassed. Half the tables weren't bused, and we had to get our own silverware and napkins for the service station behind us.

• Visited April 2014
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow what a dump! Would love to support a local place but this place sucks!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I question if food is even sanitary. Service is lackluster. I could have made better Mexican myself. Can't talk to the drinks since I didn't have any. The decor is a simple bar (which you either like or you don't). I more didn't care for the food, pricing or service. It felt like they were doing me a favor by making me something.

• Visited June 2013
Hilo, Hawaii
“Great for a quick bite and a quick drink”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Local bar with good food. Can get crowded and service can be slow. But, if you don't mind meeting your neighbor and you are not in a hurry, stop in!

• Visited January 2014
“What happened to you?”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

It's been awhile since I've been to Luquin's restaurant. The burrito carnitas was made up of chunks of pork barely grilled, the sauce came out of a can, it was half the size of Lucy's and $3 more. The service was anemic. Take a pass.