“Believe all of the great reviews!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pahoa
Coconut Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 17 Pahoa B&B and Inns
Concord, North Carolina
“Believe all of the great reviews!”
Reviewed 1 July 2008

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in the Bali Suite a few short weeks ago, and believe me folks, all of the glowing comments and reviews of Jerry and Todd's fabulous hospitality are for real. Their approach to making their houseguests feel comfortable and "pampered" is definitely first class. My husband and I travel quite extensively and we normally like to stay in upper-end boutique hotels. The Coconut Cottage B&B has made our list as one of the most unique and enjoyable lodging experiences we've ever had. We'll be back!

• Liked — The uniqueness of the property and the personalized service by the owners
  • Disliked — Another bed lamp in the Bali Suite would be helpful for two people who like to read in bed : )
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dramaq

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New York
Reviewed 25 June 2008

We stayed in the private cottage, and had an absolutely wonderful experience. Cottage was clean, comfortable, and well-stocked with snacks. The attention to detail was quite impressive. Location was really convenient to lava viewing, Volcanoes National Park and other activities, including relatively cheap gas. Jerry and Todd were nice enough to lend us an excellent guide book, flashlights and binoculars for lava viewing, and helpful suggestions. They were very accommodating of our dietary restrictions, and thoughtfully prepared a brown bag breakfast for us on our last morning when we had to leave early for the airport. We didn't use it, but they have a large DVD collection available.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 1 June 2008

We found Coconut Cottage on Trip Advisor, and the raves you read here are dead on.
We spent a week at Todd and Jerry's beautiful property on a delayed honeymoon, and we had an absolutely wonderful time. We woke each morning to a breakfast of fresh tropical fruit and a different gourmet main dish every day - coconut macademia nut pancakes, quiche, frittata, stuffed French toast, sticky buns - not to mention the local coffee!
The grounds are lovely and soothing, and our room was a delight. Everything about Coconut Cottage is refreshing and comfortable, and it was such a nice touch to be able to watch old movies from their extensive DVD library after a long day of playing.
The location was great, close to many of the adventures we wanted to see. Plus, by staying near Pahoa, we were able to save a little on gas and food, which was a nice bonus. The inn is just minutes from lava viewing, incredible tide pools and a beautiful black sand beach.
I can't begin to recommend this place strongly enough, and we hope to be back very, very soon.

• Liked — The breakfasts were amazing, and the scenery was so soothing.
  • Disliked — The one thing I would do differently is to book another room. Our room, the Royal Hibiscus Room, was wonderful, but it was occasionally awkward to have a separate private bath.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2008

My 11 year old son and I just returned from Hawaii... we both have plans to move there someday!

We stayed for only two nights at Coconut Cottage but they were truly unforgettable!

The grounds of this B&B are immaculate and stunning. The room we stayed in, the Hyacinth Room was perfect and spacious with beautiful decor, a sitting room, and direct access to a lanai in the back. Our private bathroom was more than ample, again with beautiful decor and a shower that I could have stayed in for hours. Oh... and the bed was soooo comfortable!

Breakfast. They had a beautiful fruit plate, coffee, tea and a tropical juice that we couldn't get enough of. The Coconut Macademia pancakes were delicious and plentyful. They are true gourmets.

Thank you for the hershey hugs on our bed when we arrived, they hit the spot and were a great treat.

My son and I also enjoyed frog hunting in the evening... they sing such a beautiful song, and Todd and Jerry gave us flashlights so we could go "hunting" for them. We only found two but my son thought it was "way cool".

Todd and Jerry are incredibly knowledgeable about the big Island and helped us with our travel plans. They even let us borrow a fabulous book with maps and information for our tour day.

Mahalo to both of you for helping make our trip unforgettable and life changing.

• Liked — Location and Todd & Jerry and the room and everything
  • Disliked — having to leave after two days.... 8(
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
NYC
Reviewed 19 May 2008

We absolutely loved this charming B&B. From the coconut macadamia pancakes (as good as, if not better than, everyone says) to the soothing Hawaiian music they play in the common room and breakfast area to the hospitality goodies they leave in your room, we are so happy we chose to stay at Coconut Cottage! On top of all that, Jerry was thoughtful and generous enough to lend us his binoculars and flashlights before we visited the lava viewing area at night (an absolute MUST and so close to this B&B); if he hadn't, I definitely would have broken an ankle navigating the uneven lava surface in the dark. We even borrowed Raiders of the Lost Ark from their impressive DVD collection--I told my husband I felt like we were at a cozy slumber party. So fun!

• Liked — Hospitality, great breakfast (they even accommodated my papaya allergy!), free Wifi, near lava viewing
  • Disliked — No complaints!
Sebastopol, CA
Reviewed 17 May 2008

I'm not sure where to start. I guess the beginning...

My Sweetheart and I have never stayed in a B&B before, and the differences between this wonderful place and a hotel is vast. When we first saw this B&B we fell in love!

It is in a beautiful neighborhood, it is very tropical and cheerful both inside and out. The landscaping was so well done that even upon returning "home" we felt like we were still having fun on a tropical island. Sitting on the porch listening to the birds chirping and, later in the evening, the frogs’ chorus was fantastic. And then there was the hot-tub... beautiful, quiet, romantic, cozy...sigh. I miss sharing it with my Love.

And then there are the owners, Jerry and Todd. Very nice, very pleasant, very helpful with advice on where to go and things to see. And they had some great stories to tell about different things with the island and the people. They were also very attentive to the smallest details. We stayed in the cottage in the backyard and they would stock it daily with bottled water and tropical sodas, chips and cookies and fresh coffee, I was in heaven. We stayed for seven nights and they even went to the trouble to change the dinnerware, mugs and glasses in the middle of our stay. I was both happy and amused that they took the time to do this. It was a nice touch.

I have so many pictures of just this B&B that are going to be in my favorites list. From the flowers and trees to the interesting objects in there yard, natural and landscaped.

If there was a sixth star, I would give it to Jerry and Todd at the Coconut Cottage for making us feel at home and helping to make our stay in Hawaii a very pleasant experience.

Thank you both, Jeff Pearl. :)

• Liked — Beautiful, clean, perfect scenery.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
AV
Reviewed 12 May 2008

The Coconut Cottage is not only a beautiful place to stay but Todd and Jerry are gracious and knowledgeable tourguides and hosts. We stayed in their Bali Spirit Suite and found it to suit our every need. They had all the modern accomodations that a hotel would have, but in a lovely tropical setting, away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Pahoa is a cute little, quaint town and Todd and Jerry directed us to out of the way places to snorkel where there were only a few people!

The daily gourmet breakfasts were so elegantly prepared and served. Our every need was attended to and we will definitely be back to this lush and gorgeous tropical setting.

• Liked — The Facility and Innskeepers
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pahoa
Chalet Kilauea
Hale Moana Bed & Breakfast
Lava Tree Tropic Inn
Lava Tree Tropic Inn
#4 of 17 in Pahoa

Been to Coconut Cottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!