“Good breakfast and giant sandwiches”

Eagles Lighthouse Cafe
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Volcano
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped for breakfast and decided to bring a picnic lunch with is to go. The sandwiches were huge- we easily could have split them. Only my 12 year old son finished his. Very friendly- great to pick up food to go.

1  Thank jbeste

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stopped for coffee one afternoon after looking around the volcano area. The lady behind the counter was busy making sandwiches and acted like we were a bother. So we had to wait a few minutes for her to come out which wasn't a big deal but jeez, some friendliness would've been appreciated. We got coffee and I got some carrot cake. It was all ok, nothing great. We sat outside at the patio tables. Alot of the reviews are saying how great this place is......I'm not seeing it. Maybe everyone is in la-la land because they're in Hawaii at the volcano? I don't know but I do know crabbiness at having business coming in your door is off putting.

1  Thank kcorn
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stopped in for Breakfast and while my Family went to hike the volcano, I stayed behind had visited with staff and a friend of theirs Michelle who has become a personal friend of mine. We sat there for almost 3 hrs. talking!! Staff came out to sing Happy Birthday to me along with a piece of wonderful cheese cake! Thank you for making me feel so welcome :-)

1  Thank 4buddyTravlers
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stopped here after trying a couple restaurants and being disappointed.
The vegetarian chili is some of the best I've had ever.
The sandwich was your basic sandwich, but it was huge and delicious!
Great place to eat.

2  Thank TravelRachelz
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We were stuck on a hot day looking for a place for lunch . There are limited choices here in Volcano.
The place is small. You order and sit down outside.
The place is nothing special, but the food was a good value.

1  Thank LindaMFaque