“Quiet, Romantic, and only a couple of miles from...”
other travellers have booked this property
Exterior cottage in jungle Entrance
Exterior cottage in jungle
Entrance
Front door entrance
Beautiful Wooden Soaking Tub
King bed with sitting area
Fireplace and firewood which we supply
Fully equipped kitchen
Bathroom vanity with large walkin shower
Sitting area
King size bed
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
AKArmyWif...
North Pole, Alaska
“Quiet, Romantic, and only a couple of miles from Volcanoes Nat'l Park!”
Reviewed 20 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

My husband and I visited the Big Island to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and chose this lovely cottage near Volcanoes National Park to spend the first four days of our trip. The cottage is exactly as shown in the photos: clean, well-appointed, and tastefully decorated.

The full kitchen made it possible for us to enjoy meals in, which is perfect for budget-conscious travelers. There are a couple of restaurants within a short distance of the cottage, but one was already closed for the season, and another was very expensive. The third was a bar/grill type establishment, which wasn't bad, but not a place we'd want to have all our meals. Having kitchen facilities allowed my husband and I to prepare meals at *home*. (There is no good grocery store nearby, so you'll need to pick up food stuff in Kona or Hilo)

The bathroom was beautiful, with a large stone shower, a soaking tub, plenty of towels, candles, and a few small samples of shampoo and soap. (You will need your own toiletries, as this is not a hotel and these items are not replenished) The only thing missing was a blow dryer, but fortunately my hair dries quickly. I would have appreciated the blow dryer for the one night we dined at the fancier restaurant, however.

The cottage advertises that there is a DVD player, and there were a few DVDs available near the TV, but we searched high and low and could not find the DVD player. This was a disappointment as my husband purchased a DVD about the volcanoes and we had to watch it on his laptop. There is high speed internet, via ethernet cable to the router, but wireless would have been more convenient so that we could both use the internet at the same time. Not a big deal - we only used it to check our emails each morning and to research things to see and do in the area.

Although the cottage is located in a neighborhood, it is sufficiently hidden away in the trees which made us feel that we were in the middle of a rainforest, totally alone. The singing birds woke us each morning, as did a daily light rain shower. The lanai was a perfect place to enjoy coffee in the morning. After the short rain shower each morning, the sun would come out and warm the air. It was lovely!

The close proximity of the cottage to Volcanoes Park Entrance, made visits to the park after dark (to see the glowing caldera) easy, and we took advantage of that.

All in all, I would highly recommend this cottage to anyone who wants to be close to the park, enjoys solitude, and prefers a home environment rather than a hotel experience. And it's romantic too! :)

If our travels bring us back to the Big Island, I would most definitely book the Singing Forest Cottage again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peacefulness and proximity to Volcanoes National Park
Liked least: I loved everything, but really missed a blow dryer. :)
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
20 Sep 2012
Aloha,
Thank you for your review. After your stay and request for a blow dryer I did buy one. I have also replaced a DVD player as I think it found a new home.
Thank you for staying with us.
Brenda
OR
Reviewed 24 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Hi
Reviewed 5 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing