I think the reviewers w/ negative comments are significantly biased...
Their Main dis-satisfactions were: 1. Not Enough Water. 2. Dusty Smell. 3. Chicken.
Considering where the inn is located, these situations are understandable:
1. Water is a scarce resource in the mountain. Availability is based on recent precipitation.
2. You have to pick your poison: open the window to avoid dusty smell and inhale the volcanic ash/volcanic gas instead.
3. You are in Hawaii, expect chicken!
In general, I had a pleasant stay. Rooms are nicely decorated. They are very unique. Owner has attention to details. I stayed in many B&B before and was rarely satisfied with the breakfast. No breakfast doesn't bother me. A great breakfast place is walking distance away from the Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is NOT your regular Joe B&B; actually it isn't a B&B at all, but a farmstead accommodaton. It offers everything you'd expect at a three star hotel and more for a fraction of the cost. Our location is key for planning your perfect stay while visiting the Big Island. We are located a short drive from Hilo International Airport and just minutes from the most active (and safest) volcano in the world. Kilauea is situated at the 4,000 foot elevation amidst lush tropical rainforest where you can escape the heat and crowds of the fast paced city life. Come enjoy some "Aloha" hospitality at its best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aloha Happy Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloha Happy Place Volcano, Hawaii