We just spent 3 nights at the Volcano Village Lodge. Our only regret was that we didn't have a longer stay so we could just enjoy the rainforest surroundings at this wonderful B&B.
Kay Lea is a wonderful hostess. Our mini fridge was stocked daily (fresh tropical fruit, breakfast main dish, fresh tropical breads, fresh ground Kona coffe, cereals, yogurt and juices). The accomodations were private, serene and refreshing.
We spent our days at the National Volcano Park which is only 1 mile away. After hiking during the day it was great to come back to the lodge for a soak in the hot tub.
Kay assisted us in every way possible from dining to sightseeing tips. Any need we expressed, she accomodated. She provided us with wonderful directions which allowed us a close up and personal view of active flowing lava - a sight we never would have dreamed of getting to witness first-hand. Thanks again, Kay. We traveled to the town of Hilo (30-40 minute drive) for more sightseeing and dining.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heaven on Earth. Welcome to the paradox of fire and tranquility. We created the Hawaii Volcano Village Lodge for people who want more out of life than a whirlwind tour of the island. Located just a mile from the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, our lodges and retreat are where you will wake up in peace and beauty. Stroll through the sacred rainforest and rest in your deluxe lodge with every comfort, including the plushest bedding, a fireplace, DVD, CD, private telephone, wireless connection, tropical breakfasts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Volcano Village Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Village Hotel Volcano
- Volcano Village Lodge Hawaii