This gem of a lodge is a hideaway tucked in a miniature rain forest. It is in a most peaceful location, just minutes from Volcano Park, and at 3500 ft., a cool respite from beach heat. We even used the remote-controlled fireplace in the evening! Daytime temps allowed lounging on our private deck or beautiful common room.
Owner Kay is a calm, personable, fun hostess whose taste is obvious in the decor, beds and luxurious linens and the superb variety of breakfast and healthy snack food in each "cottage" every morning. Don't be fooled by the high def TV in the room - since there are no "stations" it's there to watch videos, including spectacular volcano footage in case Pele is not cooperating with a live show at the park.
Our only concern is that word will get out about this relatively new gem on the Big Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heaven on Earth. Welcome to the paradox of fire and tranquility. We created the Hawaii Volcano Village Lodge for people who want more out of life than a whirlwind tour of the island. Located just a mile from the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, our lodges and retreat are where you will wake up in peace and beauty. Stroll through the sacred rainforest and rest in your deluxe lodge with every comfort, including the plushest bedding, a fireplace, DVD, CD, private telephone, wireless connection, tropical breakfasts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Volcano Village Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Village Hotel Volcano
- Volcano Village Lodge Hawaii