First of all, I did not even stay at this so call hotel. I booked my room bc of all the positive thing I read. I had to cancel due to a hurricane iselle and tropical storm julio that was approching the week i am staying there. I have two kids: age 2 and 5mos. I asked if they would be considerate enough to waive the cancellation fee $75 bc of the bad weather. I had to cancel all my flights with full refund from united. Instead of being nice about it, the person name shannon fisher just shot me down like I was stupid enough to call them. She state that she had been there for 20years and never had a problem with a small tropical storm. It was a hurricane category 2-3 follow by a tropical storm name julio. In my books thats not a small storm. She is not willing to refund anything. And said if you want to stay with us next time, we will credit you. No, i dont want a credit. It was not my fault, and i dont want to get charge a fee for it. So i called back later and got a guy this time and believed it was the owner. All he said was the hurricane is weakening and by saturaday, it should be ok. Who is guaranteeing my saftey and the saftey of my childrens? He stated as i quote "its really cool to be here in a storm, you get to stay in your room and its magical." Who will say that! People who is inconsiderate and don't have kids. I'm not going to be stuck on an island that might or might not get hit with a major hurricane. Anyhow, just to warn you! Don't you ever cancel for any reason or else they are inconsiderate about your situation and you will kiss your hard earn money goodbye!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Hawaiian fern forest at the edge of kazumura cave and crater, Aloha Crater Lodge welcomes you. Located next to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Our rooms are designed with your privacy in mind. Every room has private entrance and bath. An outdoor hot tub is situated in the heart of an ohia tree and fern forest. Kazumura cave is a treasure to behold. Breathe in the beauty and majesty of days of old when lava created this incredible sight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aloha Crater Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloha Crater Hotel Volcano
- Aloha Crater Lodge Volcano, Hawaii