We stayed our one night on the Big Island at Chalet Kilauea with the idea of staying very close to the volcano national park. The location of this hotel is excellent for this: maybe a 5-10 min drive to the park. Everything in the town of volcano is very accessible during the day from this location provided you have a vehicle.
We stopped in early to see if our room happened to be available are we're pleasantly surprised with the ability to check in quite early. Staff was pleasant and very helpful with map of area and directions to restaurants and park.
We stayed in the Continental Room and it was great! Quirky and cute in its decor, spacious enough for what we needed (king bed in bedroom, huge 2-shower head shower, nice sized kitchenette/desk area). No outdoor space in this room but we did not feel ripped off: the weather was cooler anyway and there is a beautiful shared outdoor space to use. Only bizarre thing for this room is layout of the three rooms, bedroom connects to bathroom and then bathroom connects to kitchenette. Didn't really bother us though, bathroom door shuts between each of the other rooms.
Grounds of hotel are beautiful! Didn't use the hot tub outside but looked nice. Didn't have the add-on continental breakfast but delicious hot coffee was offered at no additional cost (also coffee available to make in room)
Room had dehumidifier which was a bit loud but we just left it on while we were out of the room and turned it off when we wanted peace and quiet.
Beautiful little jungle retreat with all we needed in the perfect location for a day at the volcano park!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalet Kilauea Hotel is nestled in the heart of Volcano Village in a quiet, peaceful area. Chalet Kilauea Hotel is a small, boutique hotel offering custom showers and wet bars with microwaves, mini-fridges, coffee makers, and more. All units offer unique bathrooms with modern fixtures, cable TV, and natural artistic accents! Chalet Kilauea features a beautiful Koi fish pond, complimentary tea/coffee(3pm-5pm), free WIFI, and 24-hour hot tub in the Garden Gazebo. Daily housekeeping included. 1 minute from shops, restaurants, and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chalet Kilauea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Volcano (Chalet Kilauea Collection) Hotel Volcano
- Chalet Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii