Waikoloa Village Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: A par-72 course located at a 1,000 foot elevation.
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Played the course a couple of times,very enjoyable. Great shape nice layout. Proshop staff was excellent and the food in the bar was great.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

This is a good local course. It is inexpensive and not a bad course. The bunkers are not good, so save your sand wedge and use your hand wedge instead! If it is not windy, it is a fun little course to play. But the day we played it was just too windy to enjoy it!

Look for turkeys and nenes on the course!

1  Thank Tucker1221
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My 13 year old son insisted he wanted to golf during our vacation. He originally wanted to go to the Kings course at the Hilton Waikoloa Village, which would have cost $50 for juniors, $25 for club rental, and additional for my to drive him on the golf cart. I suggested to go to this course instead, and everything cost half the price. They are very friendly and helpful. A very nice course. There are ducks and turkeys roaming around, so that was quite interesting. The view of the mountain and the ocean was amazing. I highly recommended this course.

To go to the Pro Shop, turn left after the shopping center, then turn left again immediately after the gas station, then keep going until you see it on your left.

1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The course is a bit inland and easily reachable from all of the Kona resorts. Course was in pretty decent shape when we were there; especially the greens. Stay in the fairways on this one. The rough has that type of grass that will just eat your ball. It was like hitting out of a sand trap. Nice pro shop and helpful staff. Bar and restaurant were so-so. Drinks were good but we had the worse fish tacos that I have ever had. Even the chips were stale. Driving range and putting practice green was also available. Search for best rates on the various online sites. You can rent clubs there, but I would recommend bringing your own or renting them from one of the rental places (usually on $15 per day).

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I played the Kings course for the first time. Not as scenic as the ocean course but a lot easier with fewer pitfalls. But there were several goats getting in the way on a couple of holes. Not sure if they are wild or there to trim the grass. I was also able to get free rental clubs which saved me $55 on top of the $85 late afternoon round.