I have played this course many times over the last 10 years and thoroughly enjoy it. It's a good, fair test of your golf game.
Here are some pros and cons of this course:
1. If you are looking for a upscale, immaculately groomed resort course like the Four Seasons, this isn't it. However, if you would like a very nice course at a great price...you found it.
2. This is a Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Designed course and I love it architecturally. It's fair, with open fairways and challenging greens.
3. With the course being 10 minutes up the road from the oceanfront resorts like the Hilton Waikoloa, Mauna Lani, Hapuna Beach and Mauna Kea, it has great views. You are about 1,000 feet up in elevation and visually it's just amazing.
4. I love the laid back feel of this course. I played yesterday with my 16 yr. old son who is just learning to play golf. He had a great time and everyone was very nice. It's not stuffy like many of the upscale courses.
5. My son and I played 18 holes with a cart for $55 total. For a course like this in Hawaii, that's incredible. We bought a condo here last year since I fell in love with the area and I pay less as an owner, but it's still ridiculously affordable. If you are looking for a place to stay, contact me and you can get great rates as my guest.
6. If you, your spouse or children are learning and need a lesson from a pro...get one here. My son got a one hour lesson for $30.
1. When I played yesterday, the greens weren't in great shape. They still rolled pretty well, but they were the worse I have seen them.
2. I wish they used real sand in the bunkers.
3. If a layout like this spent a little more on course maintenance, it would rival any track on the island...but then you would be paying $400 like the Four Seasons instead of $50.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.