“Great Luau”

Ranked #13 of 68 Restaurants in Waikoloa
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My friends went to another luau and said that they liked this one way more! It was longer and told more of the history of the islands.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The music and dancing was very good. The MC/main singer wasn't that great. The food was plentiful but tasteless. The food all looked good but just was so plain. I am not sure if this is the Hilton's fault or whether Hawaiian luau food is supposed to be plain tasting. I have never liked any luau food - I just go to see the dancers and listen to the music.

1  Thank PieshFederalWay_WA
Reviewed 18 June 2014

If you're staying at Hilton Waikoloa definitely a must do. The whole Luau experience can be a bit cliche but this one is worth it. The show is good, the food is good (despite the buffet style) and open bar-just a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

You have to attend a Luau when in Hawaii. This one had the best food I have ever had at a Luau. Yes, you might not recognize all of the food, but try it. The dancers were so good, especially the Fire Dancer. The Host was great, and all the staff were so friendly. You won't find this amazing customer service anywhere else.

1  Thank Tmaes
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Although we had a really great time, I was expecting more. We got a discount on this luau through our resort which is why we went here, but in the future I would chose a different one.
Some reasons why:
-I expected more vendors with local items available for sale at the Artisan Market before the event
-The costumes were beautiful but some of the dresses the girls wore looked like velvet (I don't know about you but it looked so "off" from what I pictured that it irritated me - I really wanted to see coconut bras and grass skirts lol!)
-Food was ok but not exceptional and I would have liked to have had more authentic, local dishes to chose from
-Having to get up continuously to refill drinks took extra effort, for the cost I felt like they should have returned to the tables with trays or carts of drinks rather than making you leave your seat (which wasn't easy as everyone is crammed together at long tables)

Other than that, the dancers were really fun to watch and talented, Auntie Tutu kept everyone laughing (she has a huge personality!), and the staff was friendly.

1  Thank Kristin R