“Great Place to Unwind”
Review of Kohala Spa

Kohala Spa
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Great Place to Unwindnice place to unwind after a difficult trip from St. Louis to Kona Kailua. It was very spacious to the point of grandiose, and had quite a few amenities in the ladies spa. A private open air jacuzzi, a dry sauna, a steam room with a humorous lava rock cauldron for steam, rows of spa showers, turkish towelling, signature shampoo, conditioner & soap. iced water with oranges & vanilla, apples, & hot herbal teas were also offered. I had booked a deep tissue massage for 50 minutes for the island standard rate of $145. i also could use the gym if i chose. staff was fairly friendly, a little condescending until i said i make spas a regular part of any trip i take. the massage therapist whitney deserves a shout out here - she was about the best deep tissue massage therapist i've had. there was no phoo phoo half trained beginner here - she unknotted my aching muscle groups like a champ. i ate lunch poolside with the spouse later & walked around afterwards. highly recommended here- my caveat is that it IS expensive here! if you have the budget for this, go for it. it was worth it to me.

3  Thank christine s

Reviewed 5 September 2012

It was perfect in everyway, a steam sauna, massage, and outdoor jacuzzi I would have liked to visited everyday.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Paid $145 for 50 min massage which I thought was your typical massage rate for a resort. Had a great massage and then was able to utilize all the amenities within the spa for the rest of the afternoon including steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. We had checked out early and planned on getting massages before leaving to return home, so this worked out perfect. We were able to shower and get ready there for our flight. Had a ton of great products to get ready with.

1  Thank heathert875
Reviewed 1 September 2012

my daughter and I went for a pedicure here. It was good but probably the most expensive pedicure I have ever had at $65.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

The area is really well done and planned for relaxation. Tennis courts,racquet ball, fitness and best of all massage. No charge for guests to work out.