“Not up to par.”
Review of Kohala Spa

Kohala Spa
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Upon entering the spa I was pretty excited, it had a very relaxing feel. After changing into a robe they take you back across the lobby to a treatment room down a hallway, not "spa" like at all. My massage was great, I enjoyed it. One sister's therapist was trying to bend her in ways her body did not want to bend and my other sister's therapist talked the whole time (not very relaxing). After our massages we had facials (one sister had to sit and wait 1 hour before her facial, scheduling was not acceptable). We all felt our facials were rushed and not very gentle. Afterwards we soaked in the hot tub. Didn't realize that we were getting eaten by mosquitos until we had numerous bites on our upper bodies. Off to the showers to find that half of the showers did not work correctly and only hot water came out. Not a great experience, no wonder they automatically add an 18% gratuity, would not have tipped that much. Will not be going back in October when I return to the Big Island.

1  Thank Hollijoy

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My first authentic Lomi Lomi massage and definitely worth it. Was very relaxing and she explained a lot through the massage and still let you relax through the rest of it.
Loved the fact that could use the sauna, steam and jacuzzi too after the massage.
Great clean facilities.
Am planning to go back for a facial too :)

1  Thank Anjanast
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I had a massage here and it was okay. I didn't think the spa was anything special, but I'm not a spa connoisseur. I think I could have spent my $$ better doing something else.

1  Thank txsrc
Reviewed 30 January 2013

A very relaxing experience. The workers are kind and considerate. Being in Hawaii is great, but being in the spa is like taking Hawaii to a whole new level. You are treated like Kings and Queens.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

The Kohala spa is absolutely sheer luxury i will be going back many times in the future.
my girlfriend and i opted for the couples massage. After descending into the large open lobby we were directed into the unisex sections of the spa. The mens section was composed of a large waiting room comfortably appointed with deep couches, teas, fruits and waters. the locker room is large and spacious, with you locker containing , a robe, sauna shoes and towel. there are showers,and plenty of sinks for a large crowd. each shower comes complete with kohala spa shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in what look like quart pump bottles.
There is a sauna, steam room, outdoor Jacuzzi, and two private whirlpools.
After getting comfortable in the mens spa i went out to the mens waiting room, and the masseuse arrived taking me to the couples massage room. Surrounded by nice scents and smooth music i was given the massage that converted me. the masseuse found a stiff knot in a muscle around my scapula, and proceeded to work on it to work it out..... I fell asleep it was too short. I LOVE MASSAGES, & SPAS
You have a new convert