“Great tour of the volcano”

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Waikoloa
and up
Big Island Spectacular Helicopter Tour
Ranked #1 of 17 Tours in Waikoloa
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great flight. The pilot got us in great position for photos. Nicest helicopters we saw. Great service.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Noah was a great pilot very informative about not only the volcanoes but also the whole island and the economy of the island in general. It is very easy to tell that Noah is very passionate about his love of flying and his job. No question we asked posed a problem for Noah. We all felt very safe and comfortable during the flight Thanks Noah & Blue Hawaiian Helicopters for magnificent memories of the Big Island and our experience today. The Paynes. Mahalo

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have an Autistic son whose main focus in life is Helicopters. He watches helicopter videos on YouTube. He sleeps with a helicopter magazine under his pillow. He has hundreds of helicopter toys all over the house……I could go on and on, but the “easy version” is: he eats, sleeps and breathes helicopters. However, arranging and paying for an actual helicopter ride where we live is not the most cost effective thing in the world. However, as I am sure you can imagine, the market in Hawaii is a little different and it’s a tad more feasible. We made the decision to make our son’s dream a reality while on vacation on The Big Island. Literally, this is his dream and naturally we wanted the “perfect” experience for our family’s first helicopter ride, so I did quite a bit of research. It seemed like most roads led to the same place and that place was Blue Hawaiian. Add to that, their heliport was very convenient for our stay in Waikoloa and it just made sense to go for a ride with them.

After all the research and all the anticipation leading up to the “big day”, I don’t think there is any way that it could have been more perfect and there is certainly no possible way that Blue Hawaiian could have been more professional. The entire crew there was so spectacular from the moment we walked in the door to the moment we left. Every person that worked there seemed to be genuinely interested in making sure that we had a great experience, both on the ground and in the air. Our pilot for the ride was Shane and from my stand point, he was pure class with a great sense of humor. He also seemed to have this amazing ability to know when to talk about what we were seeing and when to not say anything at all. I am sure there a people out there that would love to have someone at the controls who can/will tell them every last detail about what they are seeing, the history of it, what it’s named and why it’s named that way, etc. Shane did quite a bit of that and we all really appreciated it very much when he did. However, I also really enjoyed the fact there were times we could go with radio silence and just take everything in and enjoy the beauty that was surrounding us.

To everyone at Blue Hawaiian Helicopters: Thanks for a great experience, I’m sure we will see you again someday!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Thanks to our wonderful and passionate pilot Steve and Blue Hawaiian for a great tour of the waterfalls. It was not only a fun ride getting close to the huge waterfalls but to also learn a bit about the area we were flying over. The new helicopter is amazing! My husband and I were lucky enough to be in the front of one of the new helicopters Blue Hawaiian designed and the windows are expansive. You can see everything! Normally I do not get to see as much on heli rides because I am small and short which means I sit in the middle and larger people are all around me blocking my view. This time I was in the middle but the windows allowed me to see! This heli also has raised seating in the back so the people in the back also had great views. When you pay as much as you do for helicopter rides it is nice to actually see. I really can not say enough about Steve; friendly, knowledgeable, very experienced heli pilot and passionate. Thanks Steve!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Everyone should take a trip on Blue Hawaiian helicopters while visiting Hawaii. The scenery is breathtaking! Definitely a bucket-list activity. I'm so glad I did it!