“AMAZING! Great crew, beautiful dive locations.”

Waikoloa Coast Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Waikoloa Coast Divers and Sportfishing
Not known
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AMAZING! Great crew, beautiful dive locations.”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have been a certified diver for over 18 years and wanted to support my boyfriend through his PADI Open Water Certification while we were on vacation in Hawaii. I did a lot of research to find a great dive company - one that would ensure my boyfriend's first dive experience safe and memorable. I found Waikoloa Coast Divers on the internet and emailed the owner Doug Bach for more information. Doug was very understanding and his entire dive crew was amazing! We dove four times with Bob, Adam and Gail under the watchful eye of Captain James. We dove Turtle Mound, Buddha Point, Pentagon and others and were always pleased to see unique lava formations and a wide variety of sea life including dolphins, an octopus, and sea turtles (Honu). The entire crew was welcoming, attentive and I was happy to note everyone put diver safety first. We could not have asked for a better experience. We will always dive with Waikoloa Coast Divers when visiting the Big Island - Mahalo!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank T. A

South Lake Tahoe, California
“Great diving excursion”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I are certified divers and had always wanted our daughters to experience this world underneath the surf. Doug, one of the owners of family-owned and operated Waikoloa Coast Divers, introduced the girls to the ins and outs of diving at the Hilton pool the day before our scheduled dives. The next morning we set out on their sturdy vessel with five other divers and had two spectacular dives. The girls enjoyed it so much so that we reserved another excursion! We signed up for two more dives two days later..and had our own private excursion. With James at the helm and Bob as our Master Diver, we experienced reef sharks, octopi, puffer fish, a Hawaiian helmet snail eating an urchin, an eel, and dolphins playing at our bow. What a magical trip... Doug, Bob, and Gayle are true professionals! And son James is a fabulous boat captain! Thanks everyone! We'll be back again in a year... and there will be four certified divers then! Thanks for making my daughters' first four dives unforgettable!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Daunelle
Anacortes, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Diving Experience!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

For my very first diving experience, I had a wonderful time with Doug and his crew! We spotted some spinner dolphins as we made our way out to the first dive site! Adam took the beginner divers and was patient as we entered the beautiful underwater world. I have been snorkeling many times, but diving was so much more amazing! We were up close and personal! The fish were amazing, I spotted a baby eel and Adam even found a white tip reef shark! Simply breathtaking! The day was spectacular but what made it even more memorable was the crew, their knowledge, their passion and their patience! There were a couple of people that chose to snorkel instead, which is a great option for those members of the family that weren't comfortable going diving. No one has to be left out of the amazing experience! The advanced divers had a wonderful time as well; I can't wait until I can be considered an advanced diver! Be warned, scuba diving is addicting!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank B M
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Long overdue 5 star rating!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This past August, my husband and I traveled to Hawaii, and we had the luck of meeting Doug. In addition to being a supreme dive master, with top of the line equipment/boat/crew etc., Doug was such great company and a most gracious host. With short notice Doug offered to rearrange his schedule to accommodate our needs, and cut us an incredible deal to help make the dive a possibility for us. He was reliable, and a real professional. My husband is a very experienced diver, where as I am a beginner. Doug was able to accommodate our varying experience levels, and provide us both with our favorite dive to date. The Pentagon, the dive spot where we dove, was beyond breathtaking. Doug and his dive master were extremely knowledgeable about the reefs and diving wouldn’t have been the same without him. If you are considering a scuba experience while on the big island, look no further. Doug is your guy. You won’t be sorry. We are heading back to Hawaii in 5 weeks and we will definitely be calling him! (This post is long overdue…….)

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Mike J
Kansas City, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Dive, snorkel, & whale watch!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I went scuba diving, my wife & kids & parents all snorkeled. Bob captained the ship, then snorkeled w/ my family while Adam & I went diving with another guy. We spotted a whale on the way to the dive site & they made sure everyone got all the pics they wanted of the whale. Avoid Kona & go with these guys! Awesome!

Visited March 2014