“Excellent Dive Experience”

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Experience”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We went diving with Waikoloa Coast Divers twice on our most recent trip to Waikoloa. I can't say enough good things this company and especially about Bob, who was the boat Captain on our first dive and our dive master on our second. Request this guy.... He's great.

The first tank dive was a two tank dive. When I got in the water for the first tank of the first dive, I had to come back up. I was very uncomfortable in the water for some reason (had nothing to do with anything Waikoloa Coast Divers did. Just had a bad day). Adam, the dive master , brought me to the surface. I swam back to the boat. Bob, who was the captain, helped me out of the water and then encouraged me to go put my dive gear back on and dive in the shallow water right around the boat until I got comfortable. He told me that if I didn't, I would kick myself for the rest of the vacation. He was soooo right. He got in the water with me and watched me to make sure I was ok. Went WAY above and beyond to make sure that I didn't give up on diving altogether. I got more comfortable and was able to successfully complete the second tank on that dive and also come back for a second two-tank dive a few days later. Can't say enough good things about Bob and his incredible knowledge and experience. He truly did save me from quitting diving.

I also have to give a huge amount of credit to the owner. For the second two-tank dive that we booked, we were the only people on the boat. In many cases, I know dive companies will cancel if there are not enough people (we were there in the off-season). To the owner's credit, we went out anyway and had just an incredible experience, with Bob serving this time as the Dive Master.

Bottom line, I highly recommend this dive outfit.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank CALflier_12

Vancouver, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BEYOND EXCELLENT!!!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I spent three days diving with Adam and Captain James and each day was amazing! It had been 18 months since our last dive and Adam helped us feel like our last dive was yesterday. We went to several beautiful dive locations and saw sharks, turtles,tons of fish, eels and more! Safety was the top priority and customer service was a close second. If you are diving in the area use these guys!! Captain James even caught a 4 foot Ono when were cruising in between dives. We are already planning our next trip to come dive with the fish whisperer and the octopus hunter again!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Leigh T
London, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Pretty good”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Did a two tank dive with these guys and I would use them again very friendly and helpful. Very knowledgeable and a superb range of kit on board. A comfortable boat to go with it and you have the perfect combination.
Only downside was the arranging of the dive. As I tried to organise it before my arrival. They said to call them on the arrival on the island. There then followed a bit of an email back and forth to organise the meeting point and time. Could do with a little bit more user friendliness there but otherwise very good.

2 Thank David R
Not known
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AMAZING! Great crew, beautiful dive locations.”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have been a certified diver for over 18 years and wanted to support my boyfriend through his PADI Open Water Certification while we were on vacation in Hawaii. I did a lot of research to find a great dive company - one that would ensure my boyfriend's first dive experience safe and memorable. I found Waikoloa Coast Divers on the internet and emailed the owner Doug Bach for more information. Doug was very understanding and his entire dive crew was amazing! We dove four times with Bob, Adam and Gail under the watchful eye of Captain James. We dove Turtle Mound, Buddha Point, Pentagon and others and were always pleased to see unique lava formations and a wide variety of sea life including dolphins, an octopus, and sea turtles (Honu). The entire crew was welcoming, attentive and I was happy to note everyone put diver safety first. We could not have asked for a better experience. We will always dive with Waikoloa Coast Divers when visiting the Big Island - Mahalo!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank T. A
South Lake Tahoe, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great diving excursion”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I are certified divers and had always wanted our daughters to experience this world underneath the surf. Doug, one of the owners of family-owned and operated Waikoloa Coast Divers, introduced the girls to the ins and outs of diving at the Hilton pool the day before our scheduled dives. The next morning we set out on their sturdy vessel with five other divers and had two spectacular dives. The girls enjoyed it so much so that we reserved another excursion! We signed up for two more dives two days later..and had our own private excursion. With James at the helm and Bob as our Master Diver, we experienced reef sharks, octopi, puffer fish, a Hawaiian helmet snail eating an urchin, an eel, and dolphins playing at our bow. What a magical trip... Doug, Bob, and Gayle are true professionals! And son James is a fabulous boat captain! Thanks everyone! We'll be back again in a year... and there will be four certified divers then! Thanks for making my daughters' first four dives unforgettable!

Visited April 2014