“Thanks for some amazing dives” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Wilderness Dive Adventures

Blue Wilderness Dive Adventures
Melbourne, Australia
“Thanks for some amazing dives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

These guys were awesome. I went with them on a double dive one morning in early August 2013 and it was great fun. The places we visited were beautiful and the crew and the dive masters did their best to make the experience simply amazing. Thanks very much!

Visited August 2013

Palisade, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Really good shop and affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

We went on a two tank dive during the first week of December 2012 and we are just rookie divers. Sam was our dive leader and he was great; very knowledgeable about all the sites and animals therein. We saw a pod of dolphins, a manta ray from the surface that we were able to hang with for about five minutes, and best of all, a very quick glimpse of a 9 or 10 foot tiger shark from above the water; it swam right under our boat! It was end of the low season, but there was no one on the boat but us (two people) and the guide and driver with no extra charge. Overall, just a real pleasant experience. The shop was nice too. Lots of very good equipment to rent or buy. Definitely recommend.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank judandjen
bay area
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Super AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

My husband and I love the water and decided that on this trip to Hawaii, we wanted to become PADI certified scuba divers. We've done a few discovery dives and are avid snorkelers. When I called for information, I was assisted by Bruce on the phone. He was very nice. I called a couple of other places, but I really liked what I heard from Bruce and the reviews I read.

We completed our E-learning prior to travel. We received a confirmation email from Denise about our pool testing date and time, and confirmed our open water dives. When we arrived to the island, we stopped by the dive shop to introduce ourselves. Denise was there and went over what we'd be doing. She knows her stuff and we were very comfortable.

We completed our pool stuff on Sunday, and then did 2 dives on Monday and 2 dives on Tuesday. The dive sites they chose were fantastic. While enjoying the dive, we also went thru our certification tests.

The entire crew - Denise, Dave, Sam and Eric were all wonderful. There were several other folks on trips with us. I would classify them as "returning divers". They seemed to know the crew which is also a good sign of a top notch team. The crew was very knowledgeable about the area, the dive sites and teaching us what we needed to learn. (Also, Denise's homemade cookies are YUMMY!)

We were double lucky with some amazing humpback whale sightings. All is all, it was an amazing experience. I would highly recommend Blue Wilderness.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank stzi
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Snorkel Trip Ever! Thanks Again Blue Wilderness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Not the first time we've gone out with the team from Blue Wilderness and as usual, just excellent! In fact best snorkel ever! Snorkeled until the tops of my toes were blistered on both feet! Met at the Kawaihae Harbour at 7:45 AM. Slick as a whistle the crew launches the Zodiak. On this particular morning there are 4 Certified Divers, our group of 4 snorkelers, Sam, the guide and Eric, the boat captain. (Usually there would be a second guide to go out with the snorkelers, but we'd been out with them so many times, we told them it was not necessary). Sam was able to give us an explicit description of where to snorkel, what to expect, necessary precautions at both sites we stopped to snorkel at. Both locations were fantastic and different from anywhere else we'd snorkeled. On this particular morning our group agreed that the visibility and variety of sealife was every bit as good as at Captain Cook Monument where you'd be snorkeling with crowds of people. Here we were the only boat and had the pristine beauty of the bay to ourselves. Between the two sites we munched on the homemade chocolate chip/macadamia nut cookies and provided juice/waters, were awed by humpback whales breaching and enthralled by the large group of spinner dolphins that passed right by the boat. Unforgettable day, experienced with friends & the knowledgeable, friendly Blue Wilderness Team.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Susan W
Winnipeg, Canada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Top shelf diving!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

So I was here on a family holiday when I walked into the shop to just look. I had been thinking about diving for sometime however had never made the commitment to try it.... after speaking with Dave I felt very comfortable with trying it! Within a 4 days I had completed my open water & was loving it! Awesome dive boat they have made me very comfortable & added to the ease of diving! Dave and the crew made my dives very easy to become used to. I saw turtles, beautiful coral and wonderfully colourful fish! Absolutely top shelf crew! Thanks for a great first experience!!!
Cheers