“Outstanding Operation”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Outstanding Operation”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I booked a 2 tank dive after cancelling a dive with another operation. This is a small probably family operation that is top notch all the way around. They are very friendly and helpful. They use a large Zodiac which actually adds to the fun. The DM were very knowledgeable and just the right amount of safe without being obtrusive or authoritarian. Their location in Kohala instead of Kona was also an added bonus. I will dive with them again as well as rent equipment from them on my next trip to the big island.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DiverTX1962

Santa Clara, CA
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great Team and Great Dives!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I booked two days of diving with Blue Wilderness. Both days were two-tank dives along the Kolaha coast. From my initial contact over the phone to the dives themselves, the team members were very friendly and helpful. I was staying in Waikoloa, where the dive shop is located. Dave, one of the owners, picked me up at my condo both days to give me a ride to the boat. Denise, the other owner, was the divemaster the first day; there were just two of us diving with her. Eric was our captain. The equipment was fine and the dives were great. Dave was my divemaster the second day of diving. We had about ten or twelve folks that day, but were were split into three dive groups. Tony was our captain. Denise, Dave and Sam all guided dives. I enjoyed the family feel of the dives, the warm welcome and obvious knowledge they have of the area. And Denise makes the best chocolate chip macademia nut cookies on the island for snacks between dives. I highly recommend Blue Wilderness and hope to dive with them again when I get back to the Big Island!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank sobaytravelguy
Melbourne, Australia
“Thanks for some amazing dives”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

These guys were awesome. I went with them on a double dive one morning in early August 2013 and it was great fun. The places we visited were beautiful and the crew and the dive masters did their best to make the experience simply amazing. Thanks very much!

Visited August 2013
Palisade, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Really good shop and affordable”
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

We went on a two tank dive during the first week of December 2012 and we are just rookie divers. Sam was our dive leader and he was great; very knowledgeable about all the sites and animals therein. We saw a pod of dolphins, a manta ray from the surface that we were able to hang with for about five minutes, and best of all, a very quick glimpse of a 9 or 10 foot tiger shark from above the water; it swam right under our boat! It was end of the low season, but there was no one on the boat but us (two people) and the guide and driver with no extra charge. Overall, just a real pleasant experience. The shop was nice too. Lots of very good equipment to rent or buy. Definitely recommend.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank judandjen
bay area
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Super AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My husband and I love the water and decided that on this trip to Hawaii, we wanted to become PADI certified scuba divers. We've done a few discovery dives and are avid snorkelers. When I called for information, I was assisted by Bruce on the phone. He was very nice. I called a couple of other places, but I really liked what I heard from Bruce and the reviews I read.

We completed our E-learning prior to travel. We received a confirmation email from Denise about our pool testing date and time, and confirmed our open water dives. When we arrived to the island, we stopped by the dive shop to introduce ourselves. Denise was there and went over what we'd be doing. She knows her stuff and we were very comfortable.

We completed our pool stuff on Sunday, and then did 2 dives on Monday and 2 dives on Tuesday. The dive sites they chose were fantastic. While enjoying the dive, we also went thru our certification tests.

The entire crew - Denise, Dave, Sam and Eric were all wonderful. There were several other folks on trips with us. I would classify them as "returning divers". They seemed to know the crew which is also a good sign of a top notch team. The crew was very knowledgeable about the area, the dive sites and teaching us what we needed to learn. (Also, Denise's homemade cookies are YUMMY!)

We were double lucky with some amazing humpback whale sightings. All is all, it was an amazing experience. I would highly recommend Blue Wilderness.

Visited March 2013