Our flight from the mainland to Kona was about 9 hours late; arriving about 2:30AM. My wife and I arrived at the hotel about 3:15AM. We were greeted by a "Bellman" who unloaded our luggage, escorted us to the check-in desk and accompanied us to our room
This guy was exceptional as he also "valet" parked our car. Which we retrieved the following day; no charge except for small gratuity.
Our room was furnished to Marriott's standards. Plus it had been made "feather-free" per our request. I'm allergic to feathers! Our room was situated with a partial ocean and garden view. Which was desirable, as we were away from the pools and outside dining areas; noise factors.
The hotel is located on a bay. Has an excellent beach. With many water toys available. If you should want alternative to the "resort" atmosphere Kilauea-Kona is about 20 minutes away. The city offers an imponderable number of restaurants and shopping opportunities'
Unfortunately, I became ill with "chest" pains about 4 days into our vacation. Hotel management stepped into the breach coordinating my transfer between our room and a waiting emergency vehicle. held an elevator for our exclusive use. The valet attendant also moved our car to the emergency pickup point so my wife could follow to the emergency room located in Kamuela. He also provided step by step direction to my wife should she become separated from the EMT vehicle.
In the aftermath, the hotel's management extended our room reservation and time of check-out to co-inside with our late evening departure two days later; only charged for one extra room night; no late check out fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation will find it all at the luxurious Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, located on a sandy, swimmable beach along the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. This beachfront resort offers contemporary elegant guestrooms featuring private lanais, oceanview dining, heated infinity pool, two children’s pools, waterslide, ocean activities, Mandara Spa, world class golf and is within walking distance of shopping and dining at the Kings' Shops & Queens’ MarketPlace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Hotel Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikoloa