We thoroughly enjoyed our 6 nights stay. Had a room on the 6th floor overlooking the pool and restaurant, but noise was not a problem. Bed was very comfortable with Marriott linens. We noted ample drawer space in the king room. The mini fridge and safe were especially nice amenities and there were plenty of outlets for charging our photo batteries and phones. Balcony was very spacious and delightful. Parking was really tight, and since we returned late in the evening, we found it hard to find spaces. Self parking included in $25 resort fee, and for a little more each night, we could have used Valet parking which would have solved the problem. We were able to use the "free" wifi with our smart phones.
Be sure and attend the Expedia welcome the next morning when you arrive. Lots of information, great local maps, and even restaurant recommendations for the entire island. Even if you don't sign up for one of the tours, we found that it was invaluable for our trip planning.
External grounds were well kept up and unlike other Marriotts, there were plenty of beach loungers at the pool and out by the ocean which were available.
The hotel furnishes icy water flavored with pineapple on a table near the check in desk. It isn't put out until about 10:30 AM, but is wonderful to put in your water bottles as you wonder around since the tap water in the rooms isn't very good.
The gourmet grocery down the road in the Queens center provided us with some dinner meals at a reasonable price when we were running late, and it was delightful to sit outside and eat. They also sell bottled water at a very reasonable price. There's a little food court around the back side on the other end of the shopping area with multiple fast food type places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation will find it all at the luxurious Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, located on a sandy, swimmable beach along the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. This beachfront resort offers contemporary elegant guestrooms featuring private lanais, oceanview dining, heated infinity pool, two children’s pools, waterslide, ocean activities, Mandara Spa, world class golf and is within walking distance of shopping and dining at the Kings' Shops & Queens’ MarketPlace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Hotel Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikoloa