This is my fifth visit to this island and this hotel. Decided to try the Kona Courtyard for a couple of days prior to moving back here. This hotel always has that great "Hawaiian Aloha" feel.
I called ahead to ask for an early check in if possible. I arrived at noon and a great Ocean Front room was immediately available. I will admit that I am a long time Platinum Marriott member but don't know what influence that has.
The staff has always been great. Our housekeeper was always there with our extra towel request.
The 2 pools were crowded but I am told that is to be expected this time of year (I usually come in late October/early Nov) But I was always able to get a nice, clean lounge. You can always take a short walk to the beach with a lot of chairs available there also.
The short walk to the Queens court shopping area allowed us the option of getting some snacks and drinks to stock the room.
As usual the hotel food was very good with some great "deals" including one night at 50% off ALL entrees. WOW! The morning buffet was great as usual. Great way to start the day. This, along with the nightly hotel drink and "pupu" specials make this a wonderful place to either eat at the hotel or venture out within walking distance.
As in the past, we had a late flight out on Sunday night. The hotel was full and late checkout wasn't available BUT we were allowed to use a "hospitality room" that night around 7 to clean up before heading to the airport. GREAT service.
Thanks again to all at the Marriott, especially Annette behind the scenes.
We will definitely return next year!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation will find it all at the luxurious Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, located on a sandy, swimmable beach along the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. This beachfront resort offers contemporary elegant guestrooms featuring private lanais, oceanview dining, heated infinity pool, two children’s pools, waterslide, ocean activities, Mandara Spa, world class golf and is within walking distance of shopping and dining at the Kings' Shops & Queens’ MarketPlace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Booking.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Hotel Waikoloa
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Waikoloa