“Bike Works Rocks!”

Bike Works Beach and Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Rental Bikes for Racers, Commuters, and Fitness. Bicycle services by pros to keep you tuned. Parts and gear for speed, function and style. Apparel for performance and fun.
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I had looked at their web site on line and thought about reserving a bike, but didn't get it done before we left on vacation. I had read they said bring your own pedals, but didn't do that either! Everyone at the shop was great - no harassing about renting a high end bike and then putting cages on! We were given a number of ideas about where to ride considering we had two kids with us and were renting one bike. We got great advice on how much water to bring and where to fill up. The bikes are in awesome condition and a better deal than bringing or shipping your own. Next go around we'll bring pedals and our own helmets. A 4 day rental gave us the opportunity to ride the lava fields and some hills. Definitely will rent from them again. We'll be advertising the shop in NY with our new jerseys too!

All reviews
"parts"
"wear"
"resort"

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have rented from Bike Works three times in the past 5 years. First time and third times I rented a Specialized Roubiax, the second time I rented a Specialized XC MTB - 29". Each time my bike was in top shape. The first and second times they did a pro-fit, completely dialing the bike in for my size and shape. This last trip I did not have time for this, and it was nice that they didnt give me any hassle about wrenching on the bike myself. Rich and Richard helped me in Feb 2012, Rich stayed late on a Sat evening to check my bike in from another ride, clean and tune it, and let me take the bike a 6pm so I could get an early start on Sunday. They have a location in Kona, just south of the Airport, and also one in Waikaloa Village....which is where I usually stay so its extremely convenient. Oh, they rent bike racks too. I will continue using this shop each time I come back due to quality bikes and great service!

4  Thank Brian W
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Located in the Queens' Marketplace, Bike Works is a true bike shop. All the staff are dedicated cyclists, and their love of riding comes across in everything they do. A lot of rental shops basically "toss the keys" to a rental, but not here. Here the mechanic fits the bike to you, regardless of how long that takes. Raise the stem - not a problem. Want different pedals - sure. Need helmets, locks, bike bags - absolutely. Need to fill your water bottles - there's a cooler in the corner. The idea of a 24 hour rental is great. It's easy to spread your riding over two days rather than one. The shop deals with everything from beach cruisers to top end racing bikes, so finding the perfect bike is easy.

2  Thank robert j
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stumbled into the Bike Works shop in Waikoloa and are grateful that we did. As we were looking around, we found out that they rent upscale road bikes at reasonable rates. Not only do they rent the bikes, they provide maps and excellent advice about different routes for the kind of riding we wanted to do. And it gets better - they also gave advice about which bikes to rent, found models we had read about and took an inordinate amount of time making sure that we were fitted correctly (and I have to admit that I am very picky about setting up my bike). Their 24 hour rental was perfect. It was so hot that we knew we couldn't ride a full day, so we started the 24 hours in the afternoon and took the bikes for an afternoon and morning. We could have stored the bikes at the hotel or even taken them to our rooms, but we were able to leave them at the shop and pick them up the next day to avoid walking back and forth from the hotel to pick up and drop off the bikes. I really felt that everyone went out of his way to make sure we had an enjoyable experience.
Bike Works is a bike shop in its truest form: these are people who love biking, know the equipment and are eager to provide expert guidance about buying bikes, even to people from thousands of miles away. You won't find a better rental experience anywhere. If I lived in Hawaii, I would buy my bike there.
And if you are not interested in biking, remember that the rest of the store's name is "Sports and Beach" - they have a plethora of other sports attire and equipment.

6  Thank jj435Rye