“How to make your Big Island experience even better!”

Bike Works Beach and Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Rental Bikes for Racers, Commuters, and Fitness. Bicycle services by pros to keep you tuned. Parts and gear for speed, function and style. Apparel for performance and fun.
Allen, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“How to make your Big Island experience even better!”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This was our first trip to the Big Island so we did not have set plans or really know what we were going to do. I did know I wanted to ride at some point but had to fit it in my schedule as it unfolded. Finding Bike Works was my answer. I was able to pack light and rent on the island and get stuff i needed right there. They were no nice (Bob and Richard) accommodating changes in my schedule, recommending routes, renting a Garmin to track my elevation and setting up the bike. I ride a lot so it was nice to be able to get top of the line rentals that let me ride for hours up thousands of feet elevation and be comfortable. They also have a great group ride. If you need a bike or any bike supplies, this is the place to go! I want to go back to the Island just to ride again.

Visited October 2013

Westminster, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Friendly, Professional, Great Service!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Familiar with their Kona shop, we stopped by here to browse one evening and were blown away by their friendly expert advice. Loved their custom bike kit designed especially by the staff to represent their Waikoloa store! Without hesitation, they offered to send the kit shorts to us on the mainland when they get my husband's size in. Nice service, Richard!

Visited October 2013
“Excellent, Friendly service!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We reserved our bikes in advance, and were happy to see the Waikoloa location, so we didn't have to schlep to Kona to pick it up. When we got there, there had been a computer glitch, and the wrong size bikes were reserved. No worries, they worked with us and allowed me to try 3 bikes until I found one that was comfortable. It was a BRAND NEW Specialized road bike...and felt almost as good as my bike at home. I was able to ride a rental bike without compromising performance. Highly recommend Bike Works!

Visited September 2013
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great, informed local bike shop”
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Thanks to the staff at Bike Works I was able to rent a road bike for 4 days and enjoy some great rides during my stay on the Big Island. Took their time making sure the bike was set up to fit me and recommended a couple different rides before I rode out for my first ride. Excellent experience! Thank you I will definitely be back.

Visited July 2013
Seattle Washington
“Friendly Informative Professional Fun”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stopped to pickup a brake cable and ended up buying a twice used Rental as they were bringing the new ones in. Hooked up with a nice Specialized Carbon Roubaix with Ultegra groupo at a phenomenal price so was glad I stopped. Now using that triple crank roadie Bike daily on Maui. The Manager even boxed the Bike for flight to the madland as a bonus. The Staff were easy as Island people go. The store is tucked into that Waikoloa Village and a well proportioned Bike Shop with an excellent mechanic. Short stay?Don't bring your bike. Just go online and Rent there's. They rent top quality Bikes they maintain meticulously as the Kona Iron Man runs practically past their doorstep. They rent bikes regularly to riders there daily that ride that road to Hawi.

Visited August 2012