Paniolo Greens Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewswild turkeysgolf coursefull kitchenliving roomgrocery storeair conditioningwaikoloa villagethe big islandminute drivewasher and dryersaddle roadhapuna beachfirst floortime sharepool and hot tubhome away from homethe trade winds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

In the past under the previous management, we've never had any issues with the crew, the service or the room. My family and friends of ours rent rooms at the Paniolo Greens 5-6 times a year to attend soccer tournaments in the Waimea and Kona areas.

This time the service we received was very unprofessional. After check in, security and a maintenance worker both came into our rooms without letting us know what was going on. I complained to the front desk about it and her response was, "YEAH CAUSE WE HAD TO LOCK UP THE OTHER ROOM, WHY ELSE WOULD THEY BE THERE!" Had we known about this prior to going to the room, there wouldn't be any misunderstandings or confusions on either part.
Secondly, we were having issues with the garbage disposal that same evening and called the front office to have maintenance to come and fix it that night. She had told us that we would have to wait til the morning to get it fixed and it's not something important that needs to be fixed right away. Asked what would be considered "Important" her response is "a backed up toilet" Mind, you there was a stench that was coming from the sink that my family had to endure smelling all night.
The next morning, we contacted the front desk and no one answered. We were able to flag down a Maid and let her know what was going on.
The following morning, both of our daughters got a reaction to a spider bites that they've received on their arms from the fold out be in the living room in which ended up being and allergic reaction. It was a good thing that the grocery store was just up the road. We brought it to the Manager's attention and she had no empathy towards what had happened and didn't give any response except, "do you need anything else before you check out?" Another incident was when an employee almost hit my niece speeding in the parking lot while driving the company golf cart and telling my niece, who was walking, watch where you're going? Mind you, this employees has been driving the golf cart like if it was a race car and my niece was only walking across the parking lot to go to the pool. All in all, our experience, and I speak for both my family as well as our friends, has been horrible. In all the years that we've been coming here, we've never experienced the type of service we received from employees under this management than we have under the previous management. I think there needs to be some kind of adjustment that needs to be done.

Room Tip: be sure to check all the corners of the rooms, bathrooms and sleeping area to be sure that there are no spiders or bugs lurking in there. You or your family members might get bites that could lead to an allergic reaction which could also lead to going to the hospital!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Ka'ili P
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I own a RCI time-share week in Florida that I always deposit and try and to exchange for a week in Hawaii. I start looking for these in the summer before the following springs desired travel time. I was very excited to find this place on the Big Island last August and booked a week immediately. As our week became closer i started looking at the reviews of the resort and found a couple of very poor ones that had me very worried. I sent an email to the resort expressing my concerns and a link to the reviews. Within 2 hours I received a phone call from Luanne Bongiorno, the resort manager.

Luanne did not try and cover up the bad reviews, and more so even volunteered to explain them in great detail. Luanne not only assured me we would be happy with our unit but went out of her way when we arrived to make sure everything was good with us. My girfriend and I are both in the service industry and I will tell you that Luanne and her staff were spectaular the entire week.

Our room was spectacular with a great view of the ocean and the golf course. The two bedroom unit was very spacious with very modern accommodations. We really enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate for a minute to stay here again. The nearby Waikoloa Village shopping center had a great grocery store to supplement our large Costco purchases. I played the the on-site golf course twice and for the price ($72.00) it was a great value for Hawaii. The village location was only a 15 minute drive to the ocean resorts and beaches where we went daily.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gary W
Wendy A, Assistant Resort Manager at Paniolo Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Aloha,
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, we really appreciate your feedback. I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Paniolo Greens. I'm happy to hear that you were able to speak to our Resort Manager, Luanne and that she was able to put your mind at ease. We look forward to you coming to visit us again real soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with a few friends and it was a fantastic value. It's not very far from the beaches and it's also easy to drive up the mountain from here. How are place was a condominium that had two bedrooms plus a very small third bedroom and three bathrooms. We also had a complete kitchen and a living room.

Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Kewe2014
Wendy A, Assistant Resort Manager at Paniolo Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Aloha,
Thank you so much for your positive comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Paniolo Greens. Our 2 bedroom, 2 Bath units are the perfect get a way. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy the beautiful beaches that the Big Island has to offer. I look forward to you staying with us again real soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

They for sure have a new management company so many of the conviniences Time Share owners had previously are now a thing of the past. From making reservations to checking in was very time consuming and a hassle. Booked two rooms and wanted my sister in law to check in so we could golf but then it had to have a name change and we couldnt use the same credit card etc. Needless to say three of us needed to be at check in to figure out a way to make it work, previously never would they have made such a problem/hassle over something so minor especially being that we had more than one room and we were all on property.

Room wise it was clean well stocked and lots of towels for the pool or going to the beach a short drive away. Very disappointed in management new rules and regulations especially being a time share owner.

Room Tip: Building C is good with easy access to pool. Bottom floors you can hear everything in the rooms above.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Candace V

Aloha Candace,
Thank you for being a timeshare owner, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our villas here at Paniolo Greens. I will share your comments of the clean and well stocked units with the rest of our team. I am very sorry that you experienced some difficulties with your check in process. I would like to give you a short explanaiton of our check in procedures, which have not changed with the new management. The person who is on the reservation must be the one who checks in however, if you would like someone else to be able to check in, you would just need to notify us ahead of time in writing giving us your authorization for someone else to check in on your reservation. Please understand that the policies are in place for your safety and security. We value you as a timeshare owner and would love the oppurtunity show you this first hand. In the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This property is located about six miles inland from the busier coastal resorts which suited us perfectly. The location is ideal for exploring most of Big Island - the north and north east, the west coast and the Saddle Road. Although a day trip to Hilo is possible, we would still recommend staying there if you really want to see that part of the island or the Volcano National Park.
Paniolo is a group of condos round the edge of a golf course. We were given a two storey two bed condo each with its own bathroom for just the two of us and a lounge with balcony and kitchen. The condos have everything you need including a dishwasher, cooker, micro and a washer/drier. There are barbecues placed around the grounds for your use. The recreational area has a fabulous pool and spa, tennis courts, children's play area. You can rent out things such as beach chairs for the day and there is a book exchange too. We would have preferred the children's pool to be separate but it was rarely an issue for us. All the staff were really friendly and helpful in the nicest possible way.
The condos are located within walking distance of the local village where there is a supermarket and a few restaurants.
All in all, this was a fabulous place to stay on Big Island. It allowed us to relax and enjoy the sun as well as sightsee around us.

Room Tip: An upstairs condo in one of the blocks at the far end of the complex overlooking the golfcourse
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MoJoTours
Wendy A, Assistant Resort Manager at Paniolo Greens Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Aloha,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments about your recent stay here at Paniolo Greens. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I am excited to share your thoughts and encouraging words with our staff here at Paniolo Greens.
I hope you have a chance to visit us again real soon.